York Naburn Lock caravan park Adult only

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone stopped here seen the reviews it says very good but with it near a road and a bus stop outside site just wondering how busy it is the one thing i like it got a great dog walk and fully service pitches and a shop .
Any information would be great

Last edited:
Reactions: tammyk
May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have used it a couple of time and it was very good. It was busy, but all decent sites around York are, but the pitches were well spaced so it did not feel crowded. Electrics were 10 amps though, which I found out when we exceeded that. You are very close to the Designer Outlet Centre with a Park and Ride service into York.
Access from the A66 York Ring Road is easy and convenient, but that road can be very busy on a Summer Saturday with traffic to the coast.
It has been bought out recently by the owners of York Caravan Site so they may have upgraded things and I believe it is adults only now.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have used it a couple of time and it was very good. It was busy, but all decent sites around York are, but the pitches were well spaced so it did not feel crowded. Electrics were 10 amps though, which I found out when we exceeded that. You are very close to the Designer Outlet Centre with a Park and Ride service into York.
Access from the A66 York Ring Road is easy and convenient, but that road can be very busy on a Summer Saturday with traffic to the coast.
It has been bought out recently by the owners of York Caravan Site so they may have upgraded things and I believe it is adults only now.
The Electrics is 16amp and fully service on grass and hard standing and the new owners are upgrading the facilities when planning permission is granted and thanks for your input

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site

For the record, A64 to the south and east and A1237 round the north. Not a Ring Road per se.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry it is A64 although I have heard it referred to as a ring road and by pass.
We took that route coming back from Pickering last May. Heading towards York the traffic wasn’t too bad, but traffic heading from York towards Malton and coastwards was nose to tail right through to Pickering on account of roadworks at the junction in the center of Pickering.

The A64 is basically a southern by pass to York, but the planned dualling of the York outer ring road to the north of the city is still work in progress, or perhaps not in progress.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think we will leave our car at the Park and Ride Service it will be a lot easier getting into York (y)

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
While staying on a site near this one we had a look around it. It looks nice and is well presented. I believe in summer there is a water bus to York a couple of times a day which stops near the site. When going into York we did park up in the park and ride and got the bus.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
While staying on a site near this one we had a look around it. It looks nice and is well presented. I believe in summer there is a water bus to York a couple of times a day which stops near the site. When going into York we did park up in the park and ride and got the bus.
i did fancy the water bus but not sure i would be able to get in with me in a wheelchair so i thought the other way would be better suited for my needs

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
i did fancy the water bus but not sure i would be able to get in with me in a wheelchair so i thought the other way would be better suited for my needs
When I was up in York in April the Park and ride bus goes past our friends house, not a problem, paid the fare with my Bus pass. But, you cannot use the bus pass from the start of the Park and ride. Nice lunch in The Fat Badger, it used to be the Lion and the lamb.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When I was up in York in April the Park and ride bus goes past our friends house, not a problem, paid the fare with my Bus pass. But, you cannot use the bus pass from the start of the Park and ride. Nice lunch in The Fat Badger, it used to be the Lion and the lamb.
Has it got a nice access into The Fat Badger for my wheelchair

Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
We have just had 3 nights here and loved it so much i went in reception on the second day and booked to return next weekend with my parents (us in caravan, them in their campervan) We had a fully serviced pitch (41) this time but only hard standing electric hook ups available for next week which is fine with us, we have 2 labradors so like to be able to hook up to constant water/grey waste drain but there are plenty of water/elsan/grey waste points on this site. Two dog exercise areas, quick access to river/lock/tearooms, brilliant little shop in reception, short walk into Naburn village and the marina, river boat into York on saturday and sunday, fab pizza van comes on a Saturday night! One of our favourite parks to date.

Reactions: Mel and Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have just had 3 nights here and loved it so much i went in reception on the second day and booked to return next weekend with my parents (us in caravan, them in their campervan) We had a fully serviced pitch (41) this time but only hard standing electric hook ups available for next week which is fine with us, we have 2 labradors so like to be able to hook up to constant water/grey waste drain but there are plenty of water/elsan/grey waste points on this site. Two dog exercise areas, quick access to river/lock/tearooms, brilliant little shop in reception, short walk into Naburn village and the marina, river boat into York on saturday and sunday, fab pizza van comes on a Saturday night! One of our favourite parks to date.
Thanks for the information pleased you had a great time :D

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We are looking forward of seeing the two dog exercise areas and we have asked for a early arrival if possible

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just to say we setting off soon for our stay at this park for a few nights we are taking our Nivea Sun SPF 50 + Protect & Moisture Suncream Lotion and a nice cool lager at a pub :beermug:

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We just had five nights at this site had generous and pleasant surrounding meeting the clients needs , Dog walkers are spoilt for choice with two exercise fields and a canal walk .
Facilities are available in general meet the needs of the camper with well kept grounds and good access to nearby York

Reactions: Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts