Zafira SRi towbars

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone have an SRi model with a detachable towbar?
Even more so anyone got a towbar on an SRi with the Exterior pack (Body Kit)?
Paul.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
I dont have the SRI but do have a Zafira with a detachable towbar The bumper has a hole cut for the towbar which is right on the underside which you can not see looking at the rear of the car. I dont know how much different the bumper is but i expect it would be quite possible to do with out messing the car up too much.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HEllo Paul,
I don't know if there is any difference between the tow bar for the SRi compared to the standard Zafira, BUT, tow bars have to be type approved for the specific model of car. Sometimes sports versions of cars need differnt tow bars because of different suspension and tyres giving differnt ride heights.
Again I do not know specifically about the Zafira but with some sports versions of cars, the vehicle is not approved for towing and thus it would be illegal to fit or use a towbar. If that is teh case then the permisable towed weight is 0 or not quoted in the vehicles specifications.
So please use Peters suggestion only after ensurng it is designed for your model of car.

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
not sure if this is of any help at all. if it's a mk1 I do have a towbar with a detatchable swan neck that does not require the bumper to be cut on standard models. I think to call it detachable is streching the truth as you have to unbolt the swan neck to remove it.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Also bear in mind that the SRi may have a lower maximum braked towing limit than a normal Zafira or may not be capable to towing at all.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Unless I am misinformed, the current Zafira SRi is not homologated for towing if it is also fitted with the VXR Styling Pack. Otherwise there are no other restrictions that apply spefically to the SRi compared with the other model variants.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts