12v query

Mar 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

I know this is basic but I just dont know the answer. We have a 1999 Luna Lexon (great van) and have only been using it on sites with hook up. We now want to go to some sites and do without the hookup and depend on the 12v.

My question is, I know that the lights work, there is a dedicated 12v socket on one side for 12v appliances, but we do have an inverter fitted so can I use any of the mains electriv sockets. I am aware that if this is possible then we will have reduced access to voltages etc. but we wouldnt want to use power for long (and nothing too demanding).

I have tried all of the switches on the main control panel but none of the sockets appear to produce any power when just on battery. Do I need to do anything on the inverter?

Any help would be appriciated.

Kind Regards

John

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, normally the inverter is connected to the battery, directly, and there should be either one or two sockets on the inverter which you use.

The inverter cannot be wired directly into the mains sockets as a permanent fitment, but can be plugged into the mains inlet to provide 230v to all sockets, but as they do not produce a very good sine wave, may damage sensitive equipment such as charger.

Mar 22, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I will have a look when I go down to the van on Wednesday. I am sure it will make better sense to me now.

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts