1st time - Loire

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thinking of taking the caravan to Parc Des Allicourts - Loire, going via Dover-Calais. First time touring abroad. Has anyone visited this site and has anyone travelled to the Loire via Dover/Calais. Advise would be appreciated

Thanks

Gill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed there a couple of years ago just on a 1 night stopover on the way to the south of france. Superb swimming pool complex and a great site for the kids with lots of things to do. All facilities very good and clean. I'd recommend it unless you wanted a very quiet site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gill, you'll love this fantastic part of France. You don't say where you live, but the crossings from Portsmouth/Poole/Southampton/Weymouth will considerably shorten your travelling in France (Caen, Cherbourg etc about 4/5 hours to Loire), although they are far more expensive than Dover-Calais and much longer, and French roads are much less crowded than ours. Try the site at Montsabert, in the village of Coutures about 8 km from Saumur - great facilities, good heated pool - even the locals go there, degustation in the village & Boulangerie etc. about 5 mins easy bike ride next to fields full of sunflowers. Have a great time!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are wanting to stay around the Saumur area in the loire next summer for about 8 to 10 days as travelling around for 3 weeks. Can anyone recommend any nice sites , preferably with large pitches and not overun with teenagers. Any personal recommendations would be very much appreciated to follow up on. Regards - Pete.

Mar 22, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at parc des alicourts last year..very large site.

has good pool complex and childrens playground.pools were cold though!!has a well stocked shop and nice bar area looking over the childrens playground..we only stayed 1 night and i have to say we wouldn't go back as it was too big a site for us.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we had a very nice stay at domaine de dugny last year theres a nice pool with water slides and lake with pedlos etc we were ther late june it was quite and clean we would go there again hope you enjoy your holliday pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are wanting to stay around the Saumur area in the loire next summer for about 8 to 10 days as travelling around for 3 weeks. Can anyone recommend any nice sites , preferably with large pitches and not overun with teenagers. Any personal recommendations would be very much appreciated to follow up on. Regards - Pete.
hi peter our favourite site in this area is chantpie samur it's at the top of a hill with view's over the loire lovley site very well maintaned super place have a good one pete.

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
If you don't mind being a 20 min drive from Saumur, we are addicted to Camping Vallee des Vignes (check it out in Alan Rogers) - pretty small - about 70 pitches - friendly owners (English couple, John & Lesley). There are a dozen or so statics, which seem mainly to be let to / owned by French holiday makers, pool on site, excellent showers etc. - depends what you are looking for though! There are activities - quiz, degustation at local vineyard, local wine merchant coming in, etc about every other night. Small cafe / bar on site, can order in bread for next morning, walking distance to village (full of wine producers!)

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Ann could you tell me what the site fee's are if staying for 2 weeks,is food expensive.this will be our first time with a caravan in france.So I would be very gratefull for any advice on travel.where to stay and not to stay. joan x

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
We book it as a package via select sites (their rates on the long sea crossings from Portsmouth suit us very well) so can't tell you the current site nightly rates - however, e-mail might get to them at campingvdv@wanadoo.fr (they used to have a website but can't find it). I can recall some sum like 18 or 19 euros for 2 adults & electric but that was a couple of years back. Food costs aren't dissimilar to UK, except wine from hypermarket much cheaper and imported breakfast cereal VERY expensive. Diesel is cheaper than UK, petrol about the same I guess. Soft drinks in bars are not cheap - about 3 euros. Also tolls on motorways can add up, esp if you have a caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ann could you tell me what the site fee's are if staying for 2 weeks,is food expensive.this will be our first time with a caravan in france.So I would be very gratefull for any advice on travel.where to stay and not to stay. joan x
Get the Bible - the CC's 'Caravan Europe I' - all your questions will be answered there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts