Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
Im a very new owner of my 2005 Adria Adora and in fact I have only had it for around 2 weeks now and spent 3 nights in it.

So the shop that sold me the caravan did not tell us anything about how to use it, which was one major issue and did not tell us about the grey water.

Anyhow after looking at some Youtube videos it pointed me in the direction to look under the caravan and look for some tap, which I did and the water came out very slowly..

After watching some videos to improve the waste flow with solid plastic pipes as the water is so slow to go down the sink hole, I decided I wanted to take this project on, but in most pictures/videos I couldn't find any setup like I have under my Adria making me think was this some modification made and the previous owner.
In the pictures I hope are visible it looks like there is a plastic tube running down the side of the caravan at a slight angle with a tap fitted on the end and the waste pipes from the sinks must be fitted to this somehow.

So my questions are,

• Is this original or some modification
  • What should it look like if not original
  • Should water from the shower flow in to the same grey water system/collection as mine goes straight out to the ground
Any help would be very appreciated.

Alex

IMG_1287.jpgIMG_1286.jpg

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alex
To be very honest in the almost 20 years of caravaning i have never seen a waste water set up like that, would it be better if you emailed adria direct ans send them the photographs they should be able to point you in the right direction.
You could also try putting your question and photos on the technical section of this site and i am sure you will get help and advise on there,
Hope that helps.
Dave
Ps we have just purchased a new adria adora.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alex
Looking at the pictures again that looks all wrong and it is no wonder the water comes out slowly if at all, if you look at the plug hole under your sink the pipe that is attached should be the same size (width) as the one that leaves your caravan! That tap will probably have a hole about 6-8mm within the tap not the outlet, so it would probably get blocked with any waste rinsed down the sink,
Should be quite easy to convert back to original.

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
Hey Cheshirec
Hi Alex
To be very honest in the almost 20 years of caravaning i have never seen a waste water set up like that, would it be better if you emailed adria direct ans send them the photographs they should be able to point you in the right direction.
You could also try putting your question and photos on the technical section of this site and i am sure you will get help and advise on there,
Hope that helps.
Dave
Ps we have just purchased a new adria adora.

Cheers for you comment and I will attempt to remove the tap, but I suspect it was fitted with a nut on the inside so lets see how deep I go in to this, but the tap is way too small. Also I suspect that there is no way for the air to go in to that tube when emptying it so that would also cause some slowness in the water leaving..
Whatever happens it needs cleaning somehow...

Cheers again:)

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi Alex
Looking at the pictures again that looks all wrong and it is no wonder the water comes out slowly if at all, if you look at the plug hole under your sink the pipe that is attached should be the same size (width) as the one that leaves your caravan! That tap will probably have a hole about 6-8mm within the tap not the outlet, so it would probably get blocked with any waste rinsed down the sink,
Should be quite easy to convert back to original.

Hey,

As mentioned in my last reply I totally agree that the outlet does not match that outlet tap, so further investigation needs to be done to see if I can remove the tap without buggering the whole thing up.

Cheers again for all your help.

Alex

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alex
To me the complete outlet device is a crazy home made invention and should not be there at all, i cannot see a usefull purpose for it when that all is required is either one or two waste outlet pipes coming out of the caravan floor, when i say two pipes thats if you have a separate shower or bathroom sink.
If you want i could go down to my caravan at the weekend and take some photos of how mine is conected up and email them to you.

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi Alex
To me the complete outlet device is a crazy home made invention and should not be there at all, i cannot see a usefull purpose for it when that all is required is either one or two waste outlet pipes coming out of the caravan floor, when i say two pipes thats if you have a separate shower or bathroom sink.
If you want i could go down to my caravan at the weekend and take some photos of how mine is conected up and email them to you.

Hey,

Please do not go to any trouble as winter is coming in, but for sure I would be very interested to see what they are like.
We have one sink, wash basin and the shower, which we will probably never use...:)

Alex

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Not a problem mines in storage and go check on it every two or three weeks, i will *** down and check on it and take some snaps, keep an eye on this thread then we can exchange email addresses for the photos, it wont be a big job for you to sort out.

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
Hey,

So I removed the drain pipe water storage mod made and now the water runs great from the sink to the outside world with some pipe sticking down to the ground.

After further poking around I notived that the waster water for the bathroom sink does not take a direct path to the T piece where the sink wast pipe goes to, but rather a huge loop to the back of the caravan, then down the side where it meets the T piece. Now this makes its journey around 4 meters rather then a direct route of 2 meters.

Is there some reason why a waste water pipe would need to go to the back of the caravan? The shower outlet goes straight to the ground, so its not joining there!

Secondly the sink and wash. basin meet at a T piece before going through the floor. In most pictures I see these outlet pipes to the grey water container are separate and can even be 3, the 3rd I presume for the shower.

What is the reason to have separate outlets and is there anything wrong with my setup if having a T piece?

Lastly I was thinking of making the solid waste pipe conversion, but today I came across some 3/4" (and larger) plasti flexi hose with a smooth bore from a garden center. On paper this would seem a good replacement as I can have a larger bore pipe and its smooth with the advantage of being flexible.

Can anyone see any reason why this could not be a good replacement for the current flexi hose?

Cheers for all your help guys as the improvement is outstanding already based on your help.

Alex

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts