2006 compass Rallye 636

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
we are looking to buy this second hand van and its priced at £14.500. This includes everything including isabella awning and annexe and also a brand new porch awning. Can anyone tell me if they think this is a good buy or a little over priced.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
We have a dealer special 2006 Mendip Magnum 636 which is an up specced Compass Corona and not far from the Omega, we are very pleased with it.

Brand new you are talking about roughly

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi

This is a private sale and i have spoken to the chap on the phone and from what hes said hes not really prepared to budge on the price, hes also got outstanding finance on the van too.

any other advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Michelle

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Michelle,

If he has outstanding finance on the van he is in no position to sell it. I may be wrong but i would check it out.

Also i wpuld have a full damp test done before spending somuch money on a second hand caravan.

With so much money to spend i would always buy from a dealer with a warranty. The only exception would be if i new the caravan from new and its owners.

Hamer

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michelle.

All the alarm bells are ringing for me now I know there is o/s finance. You need to establish if the caravan is legally his or the finance company.

I have to say , Hamer is absolutely correct. With the budget you have why not play it safe and buy from a reputable, well established dealer and sleep easy.

However if you can do further research to satisfy yourself on legal title and the true history via Cris then maybe it's worth considering. What guarantee will you get?

Cheers

Alan

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Michelle.

All the alarm bells are ringing for me now I know there is o/s finance. You need to establish if the caravan is legally his or the finance company.

I have to say , Hamer is absolutely correct. With the budget you have why not play it safe and buy from a reputable, well established dealer and sleep easy.

However if you can do further research to satisfy yourself on legal title and the true history via Cris then maybe it's worth considering. What guarantee will you get?

Cheers

Alan
Hi Alan

My parents are going to look at the van for me tomorrow and my dads aware of the o/s finance and will be asking him about it. Hes pretty good with that sort of stuff and won't leave a stone unturned. According to him the seller will need proof in writing to sell the van and we would pay the finance company the outstanding amount. If he seems a bit unwilling then i will leave well alone.

I know what you are saying about buying new and sleeping easy, but if i did buy from a dealer the price would be higher and wouldn't come with anything either so i may as well buy the other van my parents looked at for me, which was the Elddis Crusader Superstorm (same van really) this too is a private sale and hes only got a porch awning with it for sale. Its just been serviced and has no o/s finance as i asked him.

What do you guys think, better and safer bet?

Thanks

Michelle

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts