4 or 2 berth

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
hi folks thinking of changing owe 4 berth fixed bed caravan for 2 berth caravan , reason for this want to buy a smaller car & a smaller caravan would fit nicer on to owe drive , wife seems to think that 2berth lose more money than 4berth fixed bed but i think that the market is flooded with 4 berth fixed beds also 2 berths seam to have more space & better layouts , it would be nice to hear you comments especailly those who have gone from a 4 berth to 2 berth...hasbo

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
Back in 1996 when the daughter stopped comming with us we changed from a 4 berth (not fixed bed) to a 2 berth. Whilst we were very happy with the van found that its use was limited as with only 2 beds daughter or friends had to take a tent. Finally in 2001 changed to a 4 bed fixed bed Lunar Lexon EB and imediatley appreciated the flexibility. I believe now that there are some small fixed bed models on the market.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
hasbo, we have had 2 x 4 berth fixed bed vans after a 2 berth caravans and last year reverted back to the 2 berth. The main reason for this is the bed in both were not realy big enough for us (at home we have a super kingsize) spec was also a factor, as we were able to go up in spec in the 2 berth, weight was another factor, we didnt change the car but it now tow closer to 85% rather than 93 sobetter to tow and better fuel consumption.

We love it, we dont use the seats as a double be we just unroll 2 x toppers on each seat and have 2 sinles within seconds. We keep the rolled up toppers ansd doveys in the shower during the day, which is large,and if were out for a full day + evening we dont pack the beds up.

hope this helps

Kevin

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
hi thanks for the good replies ,both of which i wanted to hear , what do you think of my comment about fixed beds flooding the market & 2 berths not hoplding their money...hasbo

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
When i traded in the Lexon EB which was 6 years old I found that the van had depreciated by a lower percentage than the Lunar mercury which when traded in was also 6 years old.

I will admit however I am biased towards fixed beds as for me they tick all the boxes, but they dont suit everyone.

Regarding flooding the market there are many variations in the fixed bed vans avaiable, if weight is an issue look for a shorter one with shorter front seats , plastic concertina door and venetian blind between the living and sleeping areas. The 2001 Lexon EB we had weighed all in at around 1325kg not bad for a shipping length of around 21ft and 7ft 6in wide

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts