4X4

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nice one Lol - whilst the old RR is old it isn't quite fossilised yet - Driven by an old fossil maybe!!

Nige - agree with your sentiments. Its the fact that my old Range Rover is agricultural, its the fact that the V8 engine makes the most superb noise I have ever heard that I love it so much!

As for the ride well after 24 years the original suspension was well and truly cream crackerred. So about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Then lets do what every one wants and for Gods sake call a truce!

Only on an adjacent post you are mentioning Pedo's/murderers/4x4's in the same breath!!

It is about as subtle as an air raid and about as clever!

At one time anyone who dared mention they drove a 4x4 were set upon by a minority masquerading as a "moral majority"

And we all know who was actually behind that!

If you just respect my choice of vehicle in the same way that I and others have never passed judgement on what others drive then this can be put to bed RIGHT NOW!

Balls in your court

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How about a splinter faction?

"People who drive 4x4's because they know they're better than the rest but don't feel the need to try to browbeat others to their way of thinking.....

...forum"

AKA The Smug Bunch.

Ok maybe not.

Does make you laugh though.....

...the first time!

Yawn.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
How about a splinter faction?

"People who drive 4x4's because they know they're better than the rest but don't feel the need to try to browbeat others to their way of thinking.....

...forum"

AKA The Smug Bunch.

Ok maybe not.

Does make you laugh though.....

...the first time!

Yawn.
I love the bully tactics that are used on this site against those of us who consider a 4x4 is a good option for us.

Don't worry Dean, we will soon see a change in attitudes. Honestly!

Afterall, it will snow later this week, then like always, we will be the good guys again!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow a large 6 berth caravan, being a couple with 4 children which all sleep in the 'van when thev awning is not erected. The van is 1700kg so needs a heavy towcar to tug it legally. I need at least 6 seats in the towcar to transport the family.

I would dearly love an alternative to a gas gussling Shogun but am stuck for ideas unless you know different, ( As Ester Rantzen used to say on That's Life)

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Why do you always comment that 4x4's handle badly? Have you driven a modern one like the Kia or the new landrover, or even an MY03 Discovery that handles the same as most cars do?

Comments like that just drop your credability, nothing more

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I see that the Police were commandering 4 x4 vehicles to assist people stuck in the snow on the roads across Bodmin Moor last week. Good job they have not been priced of the road, I expect the people who were assisted were grateful.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The great thing about ALL vehicles today is that ALL are remarkably good. But some are built with more inherent ability than others. You pays your money - your takes your choice.

Would it not be nice if the puerile jibes at 4x4's just stopped! - the recent bad weather has underlined their benefits in spades. And with more to come it would seem that a lot of the population is about to get an education course in how capable any AWD vehicle is compared to one with just 2WD.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
An education course is what people need for sure, whether people need a 4x4 in snow is questionable . More importantly would be for them to stop being so stupid in the first place.

The radio and television, the internet, newspapers all gave warnings on conditions yet people still ventured out in conditions for which they are totally unprepared and untrained for. The fact we have to rely the good will of farmers and the emergency services yet again when they should be doing better things with their time only goes to show how thick Joe public are.

Monkeys Husband

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yeah right!

Let me know it you when you get stuck in the snow and I will leave you to sort yourself out.

Oh! but silly me you will not be there will you!

LOL

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
And when all that snow that's lasts all of one day turns to rain you'll go home all disappointed..

Me I'm looking at WWW.watercar.com far more sensible proposition than a 4x4 snow mobile.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive, its selfish comments like that that do your argument not good at all !!
You could say the same about your own argument Monkeys husband. I'm guessing that the general public that own two wheel drive cars resent being labled as "thick". As for not needing four wheel drive in snow, I would rather have it than not, no debate there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When I said you wouldnt wait long for an answer, I meant the AA, the "anti-anoraks" .Its funny that, for all their negativity, 4x4s sales are on the increase?, I think the saloonatics should start worrying, oh yeah !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
'Saloonatics'!

Oh that's absolutely priceless.

I shan't add any fuel to the fire, except to say that I drive Land Rovers because I want to, like to and can rely on them whatever the weather.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Why isn't this under tow cars - is it because the 4x4 debate is life expired under that forum? Is it that it needs to be moved around to keep the interest up? I cant wait for the great 4x4 debate to be posted under Insurance,Security & Storage because I dont look in there so theres no chance of me being bored out of my tiny mind :O( Colin complained that "Adult Only Sites" had reached 59 postings and it was time it was dropped - in the case of 4x4s the postings must number 5900 postings and still it goes on. Is it possible that the 4x4 owners could just ignore the posts that are there to wind you up, just dont respond to the baiting. :O( sighhhhhhhhhhh.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Deano3528, you, me, and probably 99% of other road users, buy a vehicle that suits us, freedom of choice, colour, space,gadgets,local servicing, and last but not least,price. Then there are the 1%, and I wont risk my enjoyment of this site by saying what they need to do !.

Cheers.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Deano3528, you, me, and probably 99% of other road users, buy a vehicle that suits us, freedom of choice, colour, space,gadgets,local servicing, and last but not least,price. Then there are the 1%, and I wont risk my enjoyment of this site by saying what they need to do !.

Cheers.
Thats the best way geordie - just dont give them the oxygen they crave by responding then I can guarantee they will die a death. They cant argue with themselves. If the government raise the Licence for 4x4s it will hit the owners, not them so why are they whinging, its not coming out of their pockets. I just wish His Moddyship would open a forum just for 4x4s then if its posted anywhere else he could move it to that forum. All you 4x4ers just dont let the b*ggers get to you because thats all they are trying to do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts