4X4

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 10, 2005
Visit site
Why do people hate um so much? I dont drive a 4x4, but I aint got a problem with um! Ya pays ya money ya makes ya choice! FOR GODS SAKE LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There you have it "let live". Burning too much fuel, the dangerous profile, poor handling etc. Does not comply with "letting others live"

In my humble opinion of course.

Dec 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gary.

Have you ever tried a Renault Scenic for size? My wife suffers with severe backpain & arthritis in both knees, I suffer with similar problems in the knees. We both found getting in & out of "normal" cars like the Mondeo we had until Renault came out with the Scenic. Once we tried it we were sold, its just a matter of stepping in & out, no bending & struggling to get upright after a long journey. No problem towing either other than I explained in my remarks in the "Towcar" topic re Renault's towing weight "jungle"

We tried all the popular 4x4s and none of them had a front door aperture as high as the Scenic measuring from sill to top of door. We are now on our 2nd Scenic and will stay with it until some othe manufacturer brings out a model better for getting in & out!!!

Tankie

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
if its a renault 4x4 be wary as they have stopped producing them, and with Nissan being part of their group they feel that they have the market and expertise.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Its best to ask this question under the Towcar section Janice, hopefully you might get more replies. Theres enough sections with 4x4 topics in. I was hoping this one had died down, waaaaaa waaaaaaaaa. I just wish His Moddyship would open a dedicated 4X4 section.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The 2.2 is an excellent tow car, we have had ours for 5 years and no complaints. Plenty of Torque which makes for effertless towing. I tend to give her an oil change every 6months although this is very easy for the DIY person. Towing i can normally get 25 - 28mpg solo usualy in the region of 32mpg. For us this has been the best ever tow car we have had, shame that Vauxhall have discontinued the model as it means we are now looking to replace it with a Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0crd.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I drive a 4 x 4 for a reasons.

1, My father is fully disabled and I have reduced mobility.

2. I winter caravan and over new years tow many other ralliers vans off as well as my own (go in and out as I pleased) and I have just come back from a muddy CL in Cromer.

I don't need to phone ahead during the winter to beg a dry pitch (although of course I like them)

I have 2 Great Danes so a big go anywhere vehicle is very useful.

With regards to the continent I am amazed that anyone compares the UK to them as I have never seen so many mismatched vehicle (for instance a BMW 320 tugging a Hobby twin axle)

Horses for courses and if you leave my preferred tow car alone I will leave yours.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nicely put RR. I have similar problems needing to tow all year round and with two large dogs as constant companions.

Despite the silliness of the "antis" it is interesting to note that as far as the great British public go, they seem to be making their own minds up!

AWD vehicle sales are ever on the up, and Land Rover have just announced that 2005 was their best year ever with overall sales up 14% on 2004.

And this after five successive record breaking years for Land Rover.

So it looks like people influenced by the facts - not propaganda

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Janet (probably aka Kanga) for resurrecting this thread after 2 months. We haven't posted about 4x4s for at least 9 hours and we were getting withdrawal symptoms. Please Your Moddyship, tranfer this to Towcars where it belongs. Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz its starting all over again - YAWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Janet (probably aka Kanga) for resurrecting this thread after 2 months. We haven't posted about 4x4s for at least 9 hours and we were getting withdrawal symptoms. Please Your Moddyship, tranfer this to Towcars where it belongs. Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz its starting all over again - YAWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
Janet ?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
OK - I just wonderred if "our friend" had done his cross dressing (Posting?) trick but been almost instantly deleted
Well I did wonder because it was a strange question to ask in a resurrected posting and the animosity that was in the posts previous. After all it is the weekend and schools out.

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
This topic has recently been done to death and exposed the least attractive bigotry such as you display.

I have a 4 X 4 Nissan X Trail not to be macho but because my wife suffers with Parkinsons Disease and the height of the seat from the ground makes it easy for her to get in and out.Hope that is a valid enough reason for you.
Do any of you know someone who consider the fuel used by jumbo jets when going on package holidays? I expect not!!!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts