90 Day in 180 days limit on travel in EU

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Maybe I have misunderstood your post, but I think I have to disagree because as a foreigner I had to approach a representative for the embassy of the country which I was going to enter first for a visa.
Once that country had issued the Schengen visa I could travel to any country within the Schengen zone. BTW if I had chosen France as my port of entry as I had the Schengen visa Germany, Spain and any other country within the Schengen could be my first port of entry.

I think you have misunderstood me because I was referring specifically to the EU, not to the Schengen agreement. The two are totally independent of each other and a Schengen visa only applies to stays under 90 days. A country outside the EU can be a Schengen member just as much as an EU country opting out of Schengen.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think you have misunderstood me because I was referring specifically to the EU, not to the Schengen agreement. The two are totally independent of each other and a Schengen visa only applies to stays under 90 days. A country outside the EU can be a Schengen member just as much as an EU country opting out of Schengen.
Which countries outside EU are Schengen members?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have left the EU. The transition period covering our exit ends 31 December 2020.
Hi Clive What does that mean for Disabled with a blue badge what rights have we for parking in foreign countries and pulling a caravan do i need to get a EU parking card application form

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Clive What does that mean for Disabled with a blue badge what rights have we for parking in foreign countries and pulling a caravan do i need to get a EU parking card application form
I would think that a UK Blue badge would still be acceptable in the EU, but probably still needs to be confirmed. When we have visited the EU previously we found we seldom needed to sue the BB as most parking was free and convenient. Only time we used it was in a supermarket car park.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping i can still use my Blue Badge abroad because it would be handy for parking near a bank , museums and supermarkets .
Also if i was driving with the caravan going through a Toll you can get a reduce rate .
When we went to Isle of wight they usually park me next to a lift i hoping that is still the same .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am hoping i can still use my Blue Badge abroad because it would be handy for parking near a bank , museums and supermarkets .
Also if i was driving with the caravan going through a Toll you can get a reduce rate .
When we went to Isle of wight they usually park me next to a lift i hoping that is still the same .
I am sure that when you go to Europe again if you contact either of the Clubs they will give you up to date information. Their touring guides are excellent too and detail the different arrangements in the various countries covered by each guide. Anything now is pure speculation as current UK GOV webpage is dated 2008 🤐

Last edited:
Reactions: Beachball

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Virus permitting, we had plans to go to Austria in June for a fortnight and then Spain and Portugal for 84 days from mid August. That doesn't seem to fulfil the 90 days every "rolling" 6 months.

Looks as if that's not viable now.

Angry!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Virus permitting, we had plans to go to Austria in June for a fortnight and then Spain and Portugal for 84 days from mid August. That doesn't seem to fulfil the 90 days every "rolling" 6 months.

Looks as if that's not viable now.

Angry!

That’s how it will work. Looks like you will need to do some rescheduling with dates and durations.

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
This sounds like civil war being declared!!!

Not really. Just the application of economic logic.

Anyway, I suppose we will just have to spend our caravan holidays in Dover looking across longingly to the French mainland......and gateway to European civilisation and culture- if we can afford it.

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
A couple of recent comments have ended up in the cyberspace wilderness because I've deleted them.
I wrote elsewhere that I've still got a pretty good head of hair for a 69 year old.
I don't want to lose any of it by tearing it out moderating a re-run of the pro/anti Brexit debate on our message boards.
Write to your MP, complain in the newspaper letters pages or go and stand on Parliament green shouting and bawling when the TV news is on, but don't bring it here.
With momentous changes because of the referendum result plus the current health crisis both Damian and myself have tried to take a relaxed approach, because most of the recent decisions that affect all of us have been taken by politicians.
The Brexit debate is over, we don't need a re-run here thanks.

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
A couple of recent comments have ended up in the cyberspace wilderness because I've deleted them.
I wrote elsewhere that I've still got a pretty good head of hair for a 69 year old.
I don't want to lose any of it by tearing it out moderating a re-run of the pro/anti Brexit debate on our message boards.
Write to your MP, complain in the newspaper letters pages or go and stand on Parliament green shouting and bawling when the TV news is on, but don't bring it here.
With momentous changes because of the referendum result plus the current health crisis both Damian and myself have tried to take a relaxed approach, because most of the recent decisions that affect all of us have been taken by politicians.
The Brexit debate is over, we don't need a re-run here thanks.

Apologies.
Anger ran away with me.

Reactions: Parksy
Oct 30, 2020
Visit site
Well, I'm glad that has been sorted, perhaps someone could tell me how you can have a PCR test done receive the result back, travel down to Plymouth from Yorkshire to catch a ferry to Spain that departs on a Sunday and arrives 20hrs later all within 72hrs? I know the result is e-mailed to you and you could have this on a smartphone but that is reliant on you getting a negative pass rather than a positive fail! A follow up to this is, we like to visit Gibraltar whilst in Southern Spain as Gibraltar is on the naughty list will you need a PCR test each time you cross the border back into Spain along with your Passport which you do need both ways?:confused_old:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well, I'm glad that has been sorted, perhaps someone could tell me how you can have a PCR test done receive the result back, travel down to Plymouth from Yorkshire to catch a ferry to Spain that departs on a Sunday and arrives 20hrs later all within 72hrs? I know the result is e-mailed to you and you could have this on a smartphone but that is reliant on you getting a negative pass rather than a positive fail! A follow up to this is, we like to visit Gibraltar whilst in Southern Spain as Gibraltar is on the naughty list will you need a PCR test each time you cross the border back into Spain along with your Passport which you do need both ways?:confused_old:
It does seem to be an irreconcilable problem which may lead to the trip and visits to Gibraltar being deferred into 2021. Probably everyone on this Forum or in the country have to some extent or other had their freedoms significantly restricted by the virus. But that’s life and we just have to get on with it and accept that until there’s a widespread vaccine that knocks it on the head life isn’t going to be normal.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Do not assume the opinions given on this forum, or the media at this stage is accurate. until the government make an official announcement nothing is settled or certain. As always the devil will be in the detail, and on brexit its full of details.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Do not assume the opinions given on this forum, or the media at this stage is accurate. until the government make an official announcement nothing is settled or certain. As always the devil will be in the detail, and on brexit its full of details.

Prof this is a Covid issue that has placed these restrictions on travel.
The 90/180 day travel limitations which this thread relates to are nothing to do with Covid.

And I have managed to avoid even touching the fifth key from the left on the lower row of my phones non numeric character set.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Oct 30, 2020
Visit site
One thing I have managed to clear up is the travel between Gibraltar and Spain is allowed as no requirement for the test to be done for overland passage. I have also seen a Spanish Government statement that gives the impression that something may change in future? (Can't live without tourists) OK if you are arriving by plane for the test to have been done within 72hrs before arrival but for a ferry, 72hrs before departure may be more suitable. Always believe the forum:unsure: The 90/180-day limitations will not be changed until we go back into the EU but Covid will end in time and will always be getting better from now so hopefully the PCR test will no longer be required you have to look on the bright side(y)

Reactions: PTA
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
...And I have managed to avoid even touching the fifth key from the left on the lower row of my phones non numeric character set.
I have absolutely no idea what this refers too. And its no use looking on my phone as different models can have different charter positions, so if its important please explain.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have absolutely no idea what this refers too. And its no use looking on my phone as different models can have different charter positions, so if its important please explain.
Did not dare touch the “B” character on my IPhone, IPad or MAC which I assumed was Qwerty standard🙈🙈

PS edit. I was reluctant to add to Parksy’s follicular challenge by using the word “ Brexit”

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts