A Frame measurement 974cm - which size awning please?

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Our A frame measurement is 974 cm and we're agonising whether to go for the 950-975 size or the 975-1000 size for a full sized awning. We want to buy secondhand as we only intend using it on longer holidays as we have a good sized lightweight porch that serves us well for short breaks but we really don't know which would be best. Swaying toward the bigger one - what do you think please? Also, any thoughts on Dorema, Bradcot and Pyramid (bit lighter we think?)

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

Claire & Rob

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Claire & Rob,

Can you clarify what you mean by your "A frame measurement" please?. To me the A frame is the part at the front of the van incorporating the tow hitch and has nothing to do with awning size.

Ground to ground size is what you want for awning size i.e. from the ground up through and around the awning channel to the ground.

Re makes of awning, of the ones you mention I've had two Bradcots and found them to be of good quality.

Robert

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Clare & Rob

I suspect that you've written 'A frame' when you meant awning rail measurement.

Apologies if you already know this but the correct way to check your awning size is to use a length of string or twine and measure in centimetres the distance from the ground on point A to ground level at point C in the diagram.

From the measurement choose the nearest size adjusting upward if the size is not exact.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Yes I mean ground to ground measurement. I've measured twice but it's so close to being the next size up, I'm a bit worried that a smaller one won't fit if the ground is sloping.

Thanks for replies so far.

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

We've got a spare Inaca Sands Awning 950 converted to 975, although it is slightly generous and fits our coachman nicely which is sized at 1000.

No longer use the large awning, so it's for sale. Burgandy in colour, 3 years old and used about 4 times - it's very, very clean. Fibreglass poles also.

Let us know if you are interested and Iwill send you some contacts.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

recommendations from awning manufacturers usually advise that if the measurement is within 3cms of largest figure(950-975)yours been 974 would recommend next size up...975-100

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts