Abbey Aventura 340 2006

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi, we are looking at renewing our caravan, and have found an Abbey Aventura 340 in very good condition. Can anyone give me any feedback on this make of van. In the past we have always had Swift of Avondale. I Know Abbey no longer make vans, should this be of worry to us. Thanks :)

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Abbey are part of the Swift Group so parts are readily available. This van will have single sheet GRP sides with no joints, it is stronger than aluminium, is dent free and self coloured and is repairable. It may not have the full gloss of tin but is a better material for sides.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Abbey are part of the Swift Group so parts are readily available. This van will have single sheet GRP sides with no joints, it is stronger than aluminium, is dent free and self coloured and is repairable. It may not have the full gloss of tin but is a better material for sides.
Thanks Peter, do you rate the van?

May 8, 2010
Visit site
We had a 2006 Abbey Acclaim (Dealer limited edition). This went from hero to zero in 6 years! The sides delaminated above the windows exhibiting loose bulges. The offside rear corner side wall collapsed! Abbey saw fit to cut out the side wall for two large apertures for the battery box and under bed locker door in this area. They then fixed the bed to the inner ply wall with a batten.There was virtually no side wall left in this area and the rear corner failed. The grp skin does not maintain a grip on the screws securing the awning channel like sheet metal would. After a time the grp resin splinters away and the screws just pull out of the grp sheet losening the awning rail seal and causing damp penetration.This method of caravan construction is totally discredited in my experience. As owners we suffered a loss of

May 18, 2010
Visit site
just make sure it isn't our stolen one 2005! If it has an extra plug socket near front door and in wardrobe, above the small shelf and cd player offside front with aerial on offside front right ring the police!

We loved the van. A dent was mended easily and didn't show 3 years later. Just check the bunk beds are securely fastened to the wall. Very practical to use, stable on tow, great shower cubicle.

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Just ensure it is not my stolen one!!!! Stolen 16/06/10 from Northampton with full contents.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts