Advice on our Scottish Tour please

We are touring Scotland in Sept. I wonder if any of you know the following sites, The Wee Camp site in Lochcarron, I know it's basic, but don't mind, it's the approach to it I am concerned about, also Ardmair near Ullapool, we will be travelling there from Brora, there doesn't seem to be too many sites in that area.

We will also need a site around Callendar, plenty to choose from there. We are not fussed about toilets/showers but need electric.

So far we have booked a few caravan club sites but need to fill the gaps

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
We stopped at Ardmair a couple of years ago.It is approx.5 miles north of Ullapool and in a beautiful setting.Some pitches are right beside the water with lovely views.

Toilet facilities are good although there is a timer on the hot water so it doesn't pay to dawdle .....otherwise it suddenly goes to freezing cold!!!

There are good laundry facilities and there is a separate block for disabled users.

We much preferred this site to the one which is in Ullapool itself....although have to admit that the site in Ullapool is very convenient for just walking into the town.

In the Callander area is a site which we haven't stopped on but went to inspect last year.

Gart caravan park

www.callander-holiday-park.co.uk/gart.htm

This we found to be very well run with good facilities on site.It is about 1 mile outside Callander .The main road runs past the site.As Caravan Club members we felt that this site was equal to Club standards.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We've done Ardmair Point many times and always found it well run and clean. The shower blocks could do with updating but are kept in good condition.

The views are great but it can get a tad windy. Back in 2006 we thought our Pageant was going to blow over.

There's Broomfield Holiday Park near the town and by the Loch Broom. A bit higldy pigldy, ok if not crowded but has good views and is convenient for Ullapool's amenities. Might I suggest you give Broomfield a go for one night then move to Armair, my favourite of the two.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We stopped at Ardmir a couple of years ago and found it to be a most relaxing place with great shoreside pitches. It is quite basic but kept immaculately clean.

If it wasn't 600 miles from our base, we would go back much more frequently.

They were one of only two sites, the other being Linwater at East Calder by Edinburgh who took the time to ensure we had four pitches together, as we toured in a family group.

There's a superb restraunt just off the harbor at Ullapool, where you can get fantastic aberdeen angus steaks that melt in your mouth.

Apart from Fiskally, we had a marvelous time and still swap christmas cards with Jean (the owner) at Linwater. Thats another superb site well worth stopping at if you do Edinburgh.

ATB Steve L.

We stopped at Ardmir a couple of years ago and found it to be a most relaxing place with great shoreside pitches. It is quite basic but kept immaculately clean.

If it wasn't 600 miles from our base, we would go back much more frequently.

They were one of only two sites, the other being Linwater at East Calder by Edinburgh who took the time to ensure we had four pitches together, as we toured in a family group.

There's a superb restraunt just off the harbor at Ullapool, where you can get fantastic aberdeen angus steaks that melt in your mouth.

Apart from Fiskally, we had a marvelous time and still swap christmas cards with Jean (the owner) at Linwater. Thats another superb site well worth stopping at if you do Edinburgh.

ATB Steve L.
Thank's Steve, we plan to have 3 nights at Linwater on the way up.

We stopped at Ardmair a couple of years ago.It is approx.5 miles north of Ullapool and in a beautiful setting.Some pitches are right beside the water with lovely views.

Toilet facilities are good although there is a timer on the hot water so it doesn't pay to dawdle .....otherwise it suddenly goes to freezing cold!!!

There are good laundry facilities and there is a separate block for disabled users.

We much preferred this site to the one which is in Ullapool itself....although have to admit that the site in Ullapool is very convenient for just walking into the town.

In the Callander area is a site which we haven't stopped on but went to inspect last year.

Gart caravan park

www.callander-holiday-park.co.uk/gart.htm

This we found to be very well run with good facilities on site.It is about 1 mile outside Callander .The main road runs past the site.As Caravan Club members we felt that this site was equal to Club standards.

Hope this is of some use to you.
Thank's, Maureen,

May 27, 2007
Visit site
Margaret

i live on Skye and travel along Loch Carron on to the Ullapool road often with a 21' van. you'll go South from Ullapool and turn right before Garve only the last 20 miles is sigle track but as i say i'm often along that route.

Great spot and you should definetly go

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts