air gun damage

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,justed visited caravan on storage ,air pellet dents all over van . can I claim of storage insurance or will it be a waste of time ,as any one had the same trouble . any one know a good caravan body shop repair near wigan ..thanks kl

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I'm extremely disgusted at that TAZZY , I bet that was a real nasty blow to you , Some people want lining up against a wall and being treated to the same treatment of pellet gunning . How absolutely horrible , blatant vandalism . I would certainly insist that the storage site owners/management get their insurance company to repair ALL the damage to your caravan , only hoping you have not moved it out of storage before reported it to the necessary storage personnel . I dare say other surround caravans/vehicles may also have damage by the same method . If you haven't move the van then get as many good photos of the damage/ storage position / surrounding vehicles and any site security measures . If its badly damaged I would not be surprised if its not written off like Hail storm damage usually does .
All the best at a quick resolve and the police finding the culprits .Steve .

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To answer the question, it all depends on the terms and conditions of the storage facility.
However, if the air gun was fired from without the storage facility then there is little the owner can do to stop it, so resort to your caravan insurance,,,,,,,,,,that is what it is there for.
Obviously a report to the Police is required and a crime number obtained.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sadly I think Damian is likely to be correct, though it really narks me that these storage sites offer so much in their advertising , yet when it comes to the crunch, its the customer that seems to end up paying

It has long been my contention that many of these storage sites entice customers by offering security, which is one of the prime reasons caravanners will be tempted to use them. If they sell something that doesn't do what it implies, its breach of contract. If the sites security fails why should we end up paying for their inadequacies. Sites should accept responsibility for what they are selling.

I would be very interested in the outcome so please keep advised.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The storage site would only have a liability if it could be shown they were negligent and without knowing the exact circumstances all I can say is that it is unlikely. If the gun was fired through the fencing then there is nothing the site operator could have done and they will not be liable, if the person involved got into the site you would have to show a problem with the security. Given you would have seen the site before you put the caravan there it looks as if you accepted whatever the security was so you would then be looking at things like a failure to repair damage or them letting unauthorised persons in or something similar. If you claim on your own insurance the insurer will probably check out the possibility of claiming their money back.
The site terms would almost certainly exclude claims where there was no negligence by the site but that is the legal position anyway.

TRENDING THREADS