Alde heating

Oct 20, 2022
Visit site
My son has a caravan with Alde heating and wants to know if it’s possible to isolate sections so the whole caravan isn’t heated up?I realise it may need installing valves,has anyone done this?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My son has a caravan with Alde heating and wants to know if it’s possible to isolate sections so the whole caravan isn’t heated up?I realise it may need installing valves,has anyone done this?
What areas don't they want heated up? It may be possible to isolate the front or the back, but the best people to speak to would be ALDE themselves.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Generally, only by placing the likes of towels on the convectors or otherwise blocking their convection air flow.
Fluid-wise, in our vans we generally have single circuits.
Some van's do feature dual circuits, like the addition of in floor circuits.

Oct 20, 2022
Visit site
They have a youngster who sleep in the middle of the van,the parents sleep in the fixed bed but they are more comfortable at different temperature s

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
There may be exceptions, but, by enlarge the Alde system uses just one pipe around the internal perimeter (flow and return). This feeds heat exchangers, The bigger the heat exchanger, the greater the heat. There are more exchangers in the lounge area. To reduce the heat emission. a towel could be wrapped around certain exchangers. The Alde system is also dependant on good air circulation so I doubt it will make a very noticeable difference. The lounge will always be the warmest.

John

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It is possible with diverter valves and additional pipework - a look at the Alde parts list on their website may indicate the parts needed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts