All year sites in France

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
We are planning (Curency exchange provided!) a trip to Spain early 2009 and I would be grateful for any help in identifying web sites detailing caravan sites that are open all year round in France.

In particullar, Calais, Paris, Orleans, Vierzon, Claremont F,

Baziers and Perpignan.

Grateful thanks.

Barry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Here is a starter for 10!

Camping Hortus Le Jardin de Sully, Sully sur Loir. 22 miles off A71 Paris/Nevers autoroute. and 31 miles SE of Orleans.

Camping Le Clos Auroy, Orcet. 9 miles south of Clermont Ferrand and 2 miles from A75 autoroute.

Camping Club Europe, Port Bacares, Nr Narbonne.

Bon Route

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Barry, The Wife my self and our two small Dogs are off to Spain on the 3rd of January, We will be using LD lines, over night Portsmouth to Le Havre.

The first two Sites that Clubman has mentioned are the ones we will be using the 3rd one will be www.campinglescasteillets.com

Caravan Club`s Touring Europe 1 is a great buy all the info you will need is in there.

Good luck might see you on route.

Grenville

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If, as it seems you are going to Spain for the winter, have a think about the west coast of France route. Either from the western channel ports or from Dover, look at Poitiers to St jean de Luz to Zaragoza to Valencia to whereever on the Med. Coast. This has the advantage of missing the potentially cold and icy middle of France and traffic problems or worse round Barcelona. Caravan Club Europe 1 book will show you the open all year sites along this route - we have used it for the past 5 years without any problems and with very little traffic on the main roads.

Once at Valencia, you can go north up the coast or south down the coast. Early in the year, going south is the best bet, with the alleged sunniest place in Europe just inland from Almeria.

Hope this helps - can't write more at the moment as off down this route ourselves. merry christmas and happy touring.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Grenville

Thanks for "heads up" on Camping Les Casteillets at St Jean Pla de Corts. I have now changed my plans now to take in this site as it looks more convenient than Port Barcares. Now toying with the idea of coming down from Caen to Poitiers (Jaunay Clan) and then onto Cassaude, Toulouse erc. Travelled the western route last year down to Mortril, but as we are travelling in Feb the site at Calatayud (Zaragoza) could be closed in Feb so doing the central France route. Might still go via Clermont Ferrand, possibly won't decide until we get off the ferry. Be safe.

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
If, as it seems you are going to Spain for the winter, have a think about the west coast of France route. Either from the western channel ports or from Dover, look at Poitiers to St jean de Luz to Zaragoza to Valencia to whereever on the Med. Coast. This has the advantage of missing the potentially cold and icy middle of France and traffic problems or worse round Barcelona. Caravan Club Europe 1 book will show you the open all year sites along this route - we have used it for the past 5 years without any problems and with very little traffic on the main roads.

Once at Valencia, you can go north up the coast or south down the coast. Early in the year, going south is the best bet, with the alleged sunniest place in Europe just inland from Almeria.

Hope this helps - can't write more at the moment as off down this route ourselves. merry christmas and happy touring.
This would be a great route but i can not find a CampSite open near Zaragoza in early January, If anyone knows of one that would be great.

Grenville.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
(wistful look in eyes) Oh how I wish I was retired and could be making the same plans.......one day....

mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
(wistful look in eyes) Oh how I wish I was retired and could be making the same plans.......one day....

mel
Don't wish your time away - retirement will come soon enough for you but when it does its good fun!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts