Another Fridge thread, but not about 12v

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
Electrolux Dometic not lighting on gas, any common faults or ideas to check?

All the obvious stuff such as all three gas taps are in the right position

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
colinbal4 said:

Have you given enough time for gas to get through. I normally run cooker for a while before trying to light fridge. Jet may be clogged is another cause, or igniter disfunctional.

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
otherclive said:
colinbal4 said:

Have you given enough time for gas to get through. I normally run cooker for a while before trying to light fridge. Jet may be clogged is another cause, or igniter disfunctional.

I've lit the cooker and the fire to check the gas is coming through to them at least. The gas supply tap for the fridge is right next to the taps for the hob and oven.

I dont hear any ticking like you do when the fire is lighting, so I was wondering if it needs an ignitor replaced? That said, I dont know if it should audibly tick?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You should be able to hear the tick of the ignitor in a quiet caravan.

It will depend on the model of the caravan whether it has a separate ignitor or whether it might be part of the control PCB

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
More modern fridges have an automatic spark igniter that activates as soon as the gas is turned on.

Older fridges require that you press and hold the control knob or a button to activate the ignition and needs to be held for 10 secs or so until the thermocouple (flame failure device) has triggered., the flame being visible through a clear plastic light-pipe at the lower rear inside the fridge.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
All this talk of igniters has cursed my fridge. I went out to check the van over yesterday and the piezo push igniter has gone ‘soft’ on the push so no spark. Have to get the manual out to see how to replace it. Although I guess it will say something akin to a car owners manual when needing to change a bulb. ‘Take to your approved dealer’ :-(

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
All this talk of igniters has cursed my fridge. I went out to check the van over yesterday and the piezo push igniter has gone ‘soft’ on the push so no spark. Have to get the manual out to see how to replace it. Although I guess it will say something akin to a car owners manual when needing to change a bulb. ‘Take to your approved dealer’ :-(

I know what you mean. Being an engineer, I want to fix it my self, I know what is safe and not safe gas and electrically. wise. .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
otherclive said:

I know what you mean. Being an engineer, I want to fix it my self, I know what is safe and not safe gas and electrically. wise. .

New piezo push igniter installed works a treat. Gas lights quickly with strong flame. But then goes out even after holding temperature control knob in for a while. So it’s either the thermocouple/ temperature control knob or the mode switch for setting gas, battery, 240v etc. I think either require fridge removal I’ve a feeling that as 2018 was the year of the rear panel and relaxed axle. 2019 could be the year of the fridge. It’s not as if any of the vans systems gets overworked. Chance would be a fine thing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts