Any Info On The Replacement Bailey Ranger Yet?

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi all and happy new year.

Don't suppopse anyone seen or heard anything about the new alu-tech bailey due to be released early this year? Thanks, Dan.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Bailey will be unveiling the new Pagasus range at the NEC Boat & Caravan show, 22nd - 27th February and it's rumoured that the new alu tec Ranger which might be called the Phoenix will also be available.
There have recently been some good deals on current Pegasus models at dealerships with free motor movers amongst other things being offered.
The current Pegasus will be superseded by the Pegasus 2 next month so this might be a good time to try to negotiate a good deal for a new pre - facelift Pegasus.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Does this mean the new Pegasus will be grown up and not have dimples on it's face !!!
Yet more fleecing of Bailey owners - a "face lift" 2 years after the "revolutionary" new design.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
To be fair Bailey update quite often, when i bought my van in 2004, the 2005 model came out with the stronger roof.
Unfortunately the cracked roof panels also started from 2005.
I expect improvements otherwise why bother changing?
For me the changes until alutec haven't been sufficient to entice me to change, the ALDE heating for me being the pull.
smiley-wink.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Jonny Rockstar said:
Does this mean the new Pegasus will be grown up and not have dimples on it's face !!!
Yet more fleecing of Bailey owners - a "face lift" 2 years after the "revolutionary" new design.
All Bailey caravans are now being built using the alu tec construction method and the Pegasus is probably due for a revamp because the Unicorn range is more popular now according to reports.
I'm not a Bailey owner but from what I've read earlier Pegasus models were prone to stone damage on front panels. Later models had some sort of guard fitted so hopefully the stone chip problem will be a thing of the past.
I wonder if the new Pegasus will have a colour co ordinated front locker door? I dislike the 'black nose' look of the previous models but ten years guarantee against water ingress should ensure that resale values on early models should remain bouyant.

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
Don't know if it is a direct replacement for the Ranger range but Bailey have now announced the Orion. Howevr blurb seems to hint this is going to be a rival for the smaller Elddis Explore's.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
For those who are interested if you look at Bailey's website homepage and let the pictures scroll though there is a picture of the new Bailey Orion.

I went to see the range at Baileys on tuesday and was very impressed.

I'm on the Bailey stand at the NEC next week if anyone wants to say hello.

Brian

GT Towing

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I saw the Orion yesterday at the NEC and sorry, I wasn't impressed. I will accept that it's a better effort than the Explore, but it seems that Bailey are going through a phase of doing things for the sake of doing things. I suspect that the 'vans at the NEC were probably pre-production (I would certainly hope so) because the fit and finish were awful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts