ASCI Card

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone give me any info on this card. We have previously used camping cheques but would be interested to hear how the ASCI card is used, ie is it limited to certain months of the year, certain camp sites etc.

Any advice/info would be appreciated.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
You buy an ACSI book which lists all the sites taking part (a bit like the Camping Cheque guide, but less detail about each site) - and sites cost 11, 13 or 15 euros. Dates are limited to 'low season' just like Camping Cheques - so generally not mid-July to mid-August, but some up until early July and some from mid-August onwards. Inside the book is a detachable card which you remove and show to the site reception when booking in. Just like Camping Cheques there are some special offers - like 7 nights for 6, or 14 nights for 11. Prices may rise next year - as may Camping Cheques.

We generally use both - but this year didn't stay on any ACSI sites, and last year discovered one site that we decided not to stay on - but usually sites are fine.

The 2010 book can be ordered from www.campingcard.com - usually around Christmas/New Year time.

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Thanks a lot for that info, can you give me an approximate price for the book. They sound very similar to the Castel Card that we have used once before.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i tried to get an ACSI card but they said the 2009 ones in English were sold out ,and they would not be available until December , which is too late for my intended trip

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

We travelled around Europe for 6 months back in 2007 and this book/card saved us quite a bit. Worth noting that alot of the ACSI sites in France close by the end of September and other countries have limited numbers open. However it's still worth getting if just for Italy where we stayed outside Venice for 14 euros (now 15) instead of around 25/30. Most campsites don't save that much but even a couple of euros a night makes it worth the price. It is worth taking another form of discount card i.e. Camping cheques. As it gives you greater options in the latter months of the year.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
The 2010 edition, in English, is available from the UK agent, Vicarious Books, Folkestone, in early December. They are taking pre orders now - price

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
According to another forum you can get a discount by using the code DW846X from Vicarious Books, on line ordering. Only available until 3rd November 2009.

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Despite touring on the continent for the last 20 years, ASCI and Camping cheques are things I have heard of but never used. We usually tour the continent for 3 weeks in the Summer and in general we are limited to school holidays as my wife is a teacher.Would it be worth my while using either, as Ive always been under the impression they come into their own only in off peak periods.

Many Thanks

Jim

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Jim

It is true that most sites only accept ACCI and Camping Cheques out of season - but there are some that accept them in July and August and some that start accepting them again after the Summer peak as early as mid August. I am not sure whether it would be worth buying the ACCI book on the off chance, but it is probably worth getting the Camping Cheque one, which only costs a few pounds - look on their web site. You really can make savings of more than 50% in some cases, so you soon recover the cost of the books.

Keith

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Jim - you can find details of sites and dates when either Camping Cheques or the ACSI card are accepted on

www.campingcheque.co.uk

www.campingcard.com

Both have maps to locate sites, and information pages which give details about the site, which include the dates when each site will accept Camping Cheques.

For this year (2009)I did an extract from the Camping Cheques brochure to show which sites take the cheques during some or all of the school summer holidays. There are one or two sites in France, one in Holland, and quite a few in Germany which take them all season, but a lot which start taking them again after mid-August. I'm going to update it as soon as the new brochure comes out so if anyone wants it they can email me (via the mderators) and I'll attach a copy.

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Jim - you can find details of sites and dates when either Camping Cheques or the ACSI card are accepted on

www.campingcheque.co.uk

www.campingcard.com

Both have maps to locate sites, and information pages which give details about the site, which include the dates when each site will accept Camping Cheques.

For this year (2009)I did an extract from the Camping Cheques brochure to show which sites take the cheques during some or all of the school summer holidays. There are one or two sites in France, one in Holland, and quite a few in Germany which take them all season, but a lot which start taking them again after mid-August. I'm going to update it as soon as the new brochure comes out so if anyone wants it they can email me (via the mderators) and I'll attach a copy.
Hi Val - Would love a copy of this extract when available, just not sure how to e-mail you. We have booked cheap ferry crossing going 20 Aug back 17 Sept so it would be very useful.

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site

www.campingcheque.co.uk

www.campingcard.com

Thanks Val I would appreciate your help with this

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts