ATS Euromaster. Excellent service.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Had a puncture. Turned up unannounced at ATS Cirencester yesterday am. Straight in and out all fixed 30 minutes. Excellent. Slightly dearer than I pay my local mechanic but hey Ho needs must. £30.50. I was amazed at the foot fall. Three people ahead of me on the way out. Two Teslas for tyres, one Service and MOT. Tow more punctures came in and another Tesla for tyres, all in 30 minutes.
Well done ATS . A happy customer.
I was surprised at the number of Teslas passing through. The Boss told me it is an every day event. Guess whose tyres he holds most of🤪

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Had a puncture. Turned up unannounced at ATS Cirencester yesterday am. Straight in and out all fixed 30 minutes. Excellent. Slightly dearer than I pay my local mechanic but hey Ho needs must. £30.50. I was amazed at the foot fall. Three people ahead of me on the way out. Two Teslas for tyres, one Service and MOT. Tow more punctures came in and another Tesla for tyres, all in 30 minutes.
Well done ATS . A happy customer.
I was surprised at the number of Teslas passing through. The Boss told me it is an every day event. Guess whose tyres he holds most of🤪
I wonder if the Tesla’s suffer from road damage being heavy with low aspect tyres. My grandson has now had five run flats replaced since early 2023 on his 5 Series PHEV , all caused by potholes. Fortunately no damage to the alloys. His tyre wheel insurance of £299 is well out of pocket.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I suppose a heavy car and plenty of powerfull acceleration. I wonder how much a tyre costs.
For my diddy XCeed a Michelin Cross Climate 2 is £183 from Blackcircles and Goodyear Vector Gen 3 £20 less. Both makes plus others are now labelling tyres as EV READY and reinforced. So Tesla tyres must be considerably more expensive by a country mile

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have 2 independent tyre places in my town, £20 for puncture repair, just rock up and usually done within 20mins.
Here’s a copy of the bill. What spoilt it was the vat😥. Not sure what the TL valve cap core thing is. But overall looking at the breakdown very reasonable especially the instant service 👍👍

Attachments

• IMG_8520.jpeg
    IMG_8520.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 9
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
For my diddy XCeed a Michelin Cross Climate 2 is £183 from Blackcircles and Goodyear Vector Gen 3 £20 less. Both makes plus others are now labelling tyres as EV READY and reinforced. So Tesla tyres must be considerably more expensive by a country mile
Oh yes I just look on the Halfords tyre website. Wow, some expensive low profile tyres on there. £400.
And Tesla website advise rotating tyres every 6250 miles, or if they have a difference of 2/32 " ( isn't that 1/16" )

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Oh yes I just look on the Halfords tyre website. Wow, some expensive low profile tyres on there. £400.
And Tesla website advise rotating tyres every 6250 miles, or if they have a difference of 2/32 " ( isn't that 1/16" )
4/64ths sounds better🤪

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My Subaru variations as it was permanent 4WD was a tread depth difference of 1mm maximum. Absolute devil if you get a puncture with tyres partly worn as the difference between new tread depth and partly worn is highly likely to exceed 1mm. Outcome could be new tyres all around.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023
Visit site
Our Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV advised rotating the tyres, the dealer never bothered rotated even though it was part of the service.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My Subaru variations as it was permanent 4WD was a tread depth difference of 1mm maximum. Absolute devil if you get a puncture with tyres partly worn as the difference between new tread depth and partly worn is highly likely to exceed 1mm. Outcome could be new tyres all around.
I’ve never understood that advice. Not all manufacturers say so. Surely the diffs would sort out any discrepancy?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Here’s a copy of the bill. What spoilt it was the vat😥. Not sure what the TL valve cap core thing is. But overall looking at the breakdown very reasonable especially the instant service 👍👍
I think that very reasonable paid more at Kwik fit for my wife puncture on her car.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My four Goodyears order had the TL cap. TPMS core at the same price so at least they are consistent. I will ask them what it is when the tyres are fitted next Monday. I changed my order from Goodyear Vector Gen 3 to Gen 2 so had to move my fitting appointment.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If replacing tyres they always seem to add in a £1 charge per tyre for disposal. They do not dispose of the tyre as I have been told that they get paid again by a company that takes the tyres away for recycling.

Probably a bit like the con £3 charge for topping up the water washer in the car when a service is being done. Although it is a pittance charge, on more than one occasion I have pointed out to the service centre that 2 - 3 days previous I had topped up the fluid myself. On each occasion I have been refunded without a quibble.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If replacing tyres they always seem to add in a £1 charge per tyre for disposal. They do not dispose of the tyre as I have been told that they get paid again by a company that takes the tyres away for recycling.

Probably a bit like the con £3 charge for topping up the water washer in the car when a service is being done. Although it is a pittance charge, on more than one occasion I have pointed out to the service centre that 2 - 3 days previous I had topped up the fluid myself. On each occasion I have been refunded without a quibble.
I don’t object to the £1 recycling charge as the “scrap” market is subject to fluctuations and the company that takes them away can see their finances fluctuate. Easier than doing it yourself via the local HRC.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I don’t object to the £1 recycling charge as the “scrap” market is subject to fluctuations and the company that takes them away can see their finances fluctuate. Easier than doing it yourself via the local HRC.
I make more money taking away the tyres and reselling them as seconds as they will have about 3mm of tread left on them. Normally I get about £10 a tyre. They would be off the Jeep. LOL! (y) :)

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I like it, and I bet they sell quickly too.
To be honest I have only done it twice and they were sold within a week of posting. One chap did a round trip of nearly £120 miles to collect the tyres, but two of them had about 6 - 7mm of tread. They were an odd unknown brand on the Jeep when I bought the previous Jeep in 2018. Same brand, but different dates of manufacture.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
To be honest I have only done it twice and they were sold within a week of posting. One chap did a round trip of nearly £120 miles to collect the tyres, but two of them had about 6 - 7mm of tread. They were an odd unknown brand on the Jeep when I bought the previous Jeep in 2018. Same brand, but different dates of manufacture.
I bought a part worn tyre for my Forester when I changed it from space saver to full size spare. I went for a 5 mm part worn as that would sit nicely between a full size new tyre and my 3mm change limit tread depth. It paid for itself when on holiday in Wales I had a non repairable puncture and did not have to change all road four tyres. The part worn went onto the car and the new tyre became the spare.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Had my tyres replaced this morning at ATS, good service as usual. I asked about the “TL valve cap core TPMS” thingy. It cover metal stemmed replacement valves that have a small electro gizmo at the base and are TPMS specific. He showed me a box of replacement parts all in sealed packets and different part numbers relatable to different cars.

I also received the 50/50 guidance and offer check torque if required.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Had my tyres replaced this morning at ATS, good service as usual. I asked about the “TL valve cap core TPMS” thingy. It cover metal stemmed replacement valves that have a small electro gizmo at the base and are TPMS specific. He showed me a box of replacement parts all in sealed packets and different part numbers relatable to different cars.

I also received the 50/50 guidance and offer check torque if required.
Forgive my ignorance - what's the "50/50 guidance" ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance - what's the "50/50 guidance" ?
Run the tyres in for 50 miles at no more than 50 mph. I recall a Wiltshire police traffic car ended up in a ditch. The crew hadn’t been told about new tyres having been fitted and it had an accident on a wet road.

This one’s going to generate some discourse now. 🙈

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Run the tyres in for 50 miles at no more than 50 mph. I recall a Wiltshire police traffic car ended up in a ditch. The crew hadn’t been told about new tyres having been fitted and it had an accident on a wet road.

This one’s going to generate some discourse now. 🙈
Thanks - I can understand that advice - not that I follow it !!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks - I can understand that advice - not that I follow it !!!
50/50 seems an underestimate according to Michelin. Even for cycle tyres Michelin recommend 50km breaking in period.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts