Attention QuestionMaster5m

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello QuestionMaster5m

Asking questions if you don't know the answer is a great idea, but asking the right questions is better! And even better, don't alienate your responders.

I have to presume, the questionnaires are an attempt to gather genuine meaningful information. Whilst you don't tell us what the University course or project is about, The nature of your questions gives me a clue of the course and stage you are at within it.

As Surfer has pointed out, the process you are using is not conducive to encouraging answers as its fiddly to work with.

But also some of the questions I have seen demonstrate a lack of understanding about caravans, the terminology, the way caravans can be used, Limitations imposed by legislation and practicality of some of the implications of your questions.

Personally I prefer a questionnaire to demonstrate the questioner has done enough research to avoid asking silly, irrelevant or impossible to answer questions. Many of the questions you have asked cannot be be answered adequately with the multiple choice option you give, hence the extended answers you have received. That must give a clue as to the unfocused or unresearched nature of the question you pose.

For example an irrelevant was:-

"2. When loading up your caravan, do you leave capacity for passengers (under the MTPLM) or do you tend to overload it when passenger weight is included?"

As RogerL replies
"CARAVANS AREN'T PERMITTED TO TAKE PASSENGERS SO DON'T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION"

As a University Student, you will have access to a wide range of material in the Library and of the internet, and with a minimum of research, you could have devised better questions, and used one of several ready made applications to present them.

I stress this is my opinion of what you have done so far. If it is meeting your needs then please carry on, but I suspect you may find your methodology is not fulfilling the needs of your course. I suggest you review what you have so far, and consider making some changes.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You tell him Prof !
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts