Audi Produce ..nearly.... the ultimate towcar

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
For a while I've been thinking what's the ultimate car for towing a van with if I won the lottery ? (Yes it's only a dream you can stop getting ready to become me friend),

Hummer, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce and Range Rover Sport or for me up till now it's been a Mercedes SLR it's the 1600Kgs that does it for me !!

Well Audi have unveiled the car for Le Mans...it's a diesel yes Christmas has come early , no Clive it's not April, the car that Audi will race at Le Mans will develop all of its HP at 3000 rpm . Can you imagine a towcar with a 5.5 litre V12 engine that delivers 650bhp between 3000rpm and 5000rpm, and produces 1100Nm of torque,

Problems is those clever germans are now busy trying to get the weight down to the minimum of 925kg oh well so near and yet so far !!

Monkeys husband

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think its just a cunning plot by those dastadly Audi guys to simply reduce visibility to put off the other drivers.

LOL

A Joke !!!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I think its just a cunning plot by those dastadly Audi guys to simply reduce visibility to put off the other drivers.

LOL

A Joke !!!
I think it's really the budget a little tight this year and the "gazeoil" is under 1 euro a litre . every little helps

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Monkey. The Audi is a spyder so has no roof so your partner will not only have to suffer the cramped confines of the passenger space that is normally filled with a wide range of electronic controls but suffer what ever weather is thrown your way.

As a LeMans insider I have been in Audi garages there during the 24 hour race over the past few years.

Part of winning LeMans is recognising the team and cars weaknesses. Audi have had gear box changing rigs that cost two or three times more than the average family car. Weaknesses in the gear box were overcome by the rigs faclitating quick gear box changing when things went wrong with no van in tow!

Taurus ran Diesel powered car two years ago,

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Monkey. The Audi is a spyder so has no roof so your partner will not only have to suffer the cramped confines of the passenger space that is normally filled with a wide range of electronic controls but suffer what ever weather is thrown your way.

As a LeMans insider I have been in Audi garages there during the 24 hour race over the past few years.

Part of winning LeMans is recognising the team and cars weaknesses. Audi have had gear box changing rigs that cost two or three times more than the average family car. Weaknesses in the gear box were overcome by the rigs faclitating quick gear box changing when things went wrong with no van in tow!

Taurus ran Diesel powered car two years ago,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts