Austria help on Natterer see campsite

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks

Can anyone who is still here give me some info on Camping Natterer See, Austria.

The only important request We have off the kids is " can we go to the site that had the big slides in the water"
So can you tell me if this site is as acurate as it states online. ie the water stuff. kids are 13 and 7.
And what is the area like. plus I know its a distance but is it possible to get to Salzburg??

thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's a nice site, we stopped there last year for a few nights on our way back from Venice. From what I recall the waterpark facilities are based around a small lake, and I can recall a few boats, pedalos, canoes etc. I can imagine this being a little cold unless the weather is good, we were there in August and it was 30 degrees most days so swimming in the lake was pleasant. The site is near Innsbruck, which from memory must be a couple of hours or more to Salzberg. My kids (14/15) liked it, we all liked the area and we'll probably go back sometime. The site also has the poshest abolutions block I've seen in many decades of caravanning !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
smiley said:
Hi folks

Can anyone who is still here give me some info on Camping Natterer See, Austria.

The only important request We have off the kids is " can we go to the site that had the big slides in the water"
So can you tell me if this site is as acurate as it states online. ie the water stuff. kids are 13 and 7.
And what is the area like. plus I know its a distance but is it possible to get to Salzburg??

thanks

We recently stayed at Natterersee for a week and my site report is here http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/holiday_paradise_natterersee.html As a site it has one of the most spectactular locations you are likely to find being surrounded by snow capped mountains. The site does have a water slide but its not on the scale of some sites I have been on. The swimming facilities, as Tony says, are a lake which is open to the public and seems very popular. There is lots of space for swimming and fooling around if that is the right term!
As to out and about there is a free bus service from the site to the Bahnhof in Innsbruck and I would have thought it fairly straightforward to get a train to Salzburg if you did not want to take the car. Salzburg is a beautiful City and well worth a visit.

David

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi Smiley
You should consider Camping Hell (honest!) in the Austrian Zillertal. Not far off the Inntal autobahn, east of Innsbruck. Prize winning site with excellent facilities. Innsbruck will take about 45 mins by train, less by car, whilst Salzburg and Munich aren't far either. Beautiful location with plent to do locally. Pool on site, plus a water park with all the huge slides that the kids love in Fugen, the nearest town (1km). We've been going there since 1989 and still love it. Google the website for pics of what they offer. Thoroughly recommend it for a family. Enjoy Austria, it's always worth the journey.

TRENDING THREADS