Awning rail/Skirt rail insert sizes.

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Hi all.
Does anybody know the size of the rail insert piping for a 2000 Abbey Expression 470.
I would like to redo mine as some has shrunk and weathered badly.
I dont want to yank it all off and have trouble sizing it.As i believe it shrinks over time.I would like to have its replacement before ,i start it.
Many thanks
Pierre.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Can you access the end of a strip at any end corner of the awning rail. If not can you prise a short length out of the rail to measure then tuck back in, although it is a finishing strip to hide the awning rail screw heads, so removing it, measuring the width and deciding on the length could be the way to proceed. The standard and most common is 12mm which on auction site appears to be available in a variety of colours at 7.95 per 10 metres - and continuous lengths up to 100 mtrs are available. Left in a bucket of war water it becomes flexible and easier to fit - I have a small crafting plastic spatula which is ideal for slotting the second side into the rail and sliding along to get a snug and even fit. It is quite a time consuming task fitting it but not stretching it as you go along. I recently replaced the horizontal strip along the join above the rear abs panel (just above the number plate) and had to carefully remove the screw in the endcap and used a squidge of awning rail mastic to ensure the screw was sealed upon replacement. The suppliers give brief instructions on the sale site.

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
audiorob said:
Can you access the end of a strip at any end corner of the awning rail. If not can you prise a short length out of the rail to measure then tuck back in, although it is a finishing strip to hide the awning rail screw heads, so removing it, measuring the width and deciding on the length could be the way to proceed. The standard and most common is 12mm which on auction site appears to be available in a variety of colours at 7.95 per 10 metres - and continuous lengths up to 100 mtrs are available. Left in a bucket of war water it becomes flexible and easier to fit - I have a small crafting plastic spatula which is ideal for slotting the second side into the rail and sliding along to get a snug and even fit. It is quite a time consuming task fitting it but not stretching it as you go along. I recently replaced the horizontal strip along the join above the rear abs panel (just above the number plate) and had to carefully remove the screw in the endcap and used a squidge of awning rail mastic to ensure the screw was sealed upon replacement. The suppliers give brief instructions on the sale site.

Thanks for the advice,i will give that a go.
Many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts