Awning rail water ingress

Jan 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi. Thought I’d share my remedy for water passing between the awning rail and awning and dripping down the side of the van inside the awning. We’ve had our VIP 575 from new in 2016. From the get go we’ve experienced water dripping down the inside of the awning from the awning rail. Thought it was the awning but three porch awnings later and it still happens. Tried tilting van sideways and back and forth but limited success. Also blocked up the awning rail joints. All the above didn’t work. I’ve read numerous forums but nothing definitive found. This weekend I took and old awning skirt and trimmed the skirt at the kador leaving the kador intact and about half an inch of material. With the awning in situ measured the remaining awning rail to a point just lower than the bend. I did this either side of the awning. Cut the kador to the relevant length and fit in place butting up to the awning. Good Friday in the lakes and the usual wet weather and no water running down the van inside the awning.

TRENDING THREADS