Awning to sell but no caravan!. How to measure?

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We used to have a 1984 ABI Award Daystar Caravan which came with an awning. We never used the awning and have now changed our caravan to something much newer!

My question is this: As we have the awning but not the caravan how can I tell people what size it is to sell it. There isn't any label on the inside to gove us a clue. It's an NR Milano, and I have contacted NR but they say they did 10 sizes of it!!

I have measured around the awning from the hook where the peg would go in at (I assume) ground level around the bit which would go into the lip of the caravan and back down to the other hook. Do you think this is correct - it seems pretty short to me at about 773cm.

Thanks for any advice.

G

You could compromise. You knew the length of your old van and the awning was designed to fit it, so quote that your awning will fit a van of length so and so.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
The problem is I don't know if it did fit - we never used it, and I have no idea of the internal length of the van. Where could I get this information? Being a 1984 van it's really difficult to find info.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts