Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

just back from our October break. Eleven nights in three great sites, all for different reasons.

First two nights at Lomond woods site in Balloch,(Glasgow)

Great for access to Glasgow, went to see a musical, Guys and Dolls, not my cup of tea but herself and the kids enjoyed it. Shopping next day at the Braehead Centre, again not my cup of tea but..... Explored a bit around Balloch, Loch Lomond side, great part of the country.

Off south to Silloth next for six nights at Stanwix Park site. Very quiet as most other schools not on holidays yet, which of course has its good points, but it just felt a bit too quiet. Kids loved the site though. Swimming pool,bowling alley,ammusements, kids club for the wee one etc.. Very clean site and really friendly staff (family run mostly i think)

Toured the Lakes, wonderful scenery.

Back up North of the border to Oban for the last three nights, via a quick stop at Gretna. No, the wife didn't want to renew our vows, she saw the Retail Outlet from the motorway. (plenty of space to park if anyones interested), just follow coach/caravan signs.

Stayed at the CC site in Benderloch (North Ledaig).Again some amazing scenery on the road from Crianlariach throuh to Connel. This site is a real cracker for anyone thinking of going to this part of the country. The views at sunset are amazing. I just wish i was a better photographer!

Oh well, back to reality now. Just enough time to de-gunge the outfit, put it in for service, and pack it away till next time off at Easter,

Gavin.

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gavin

When were you at Stanwix Park? We were there for two nights last weekend on the way home from York. I agree it was quiet, but the site is a million times better than many other parks with leisure facilities on them. Good staff, very clean and well looked after.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ewen,

we were there from the Monday till Sunday, left Sunday morning about 10am. We spent the last day in Carlisle and Penrith, with a stop off at Barrons on the A6. Saw some lovely vans, but managed to resist to temptation. Had it been up to the wife, we'd have come home in a new Swift Charisma!

Where were you pitched? We were on pitch 52,and had to move to 51 for an extra night as our pitch was fully booked for the next 4 weeks! So if you saw someone shifting from one pitch to the next, that was us,

Gavin.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gavin

I'm curious.... you had to shift your van when you were already on the pitch ? I thought it would be yours until you left.

Why were you told to move ?

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gavin

I'm curious.... you had to shift your van when you were already on the pitch ? I thought it would be yours until you left.

Why were you told to move ?
Hi Dave,

we only booked for 5 nights, but decided to stay an extra night at the last minute. The spot we were on was already booked solid for the next 4 weeks as the rest of schools were starting their holidays. You are allocated a pitch as soon as you book on their computer. The girl at reception did try to find a spot for the van coming in after me, but there weren't any empty for the 2 weeks which they had booked.

We only had to move onto the next pitch, 6 feet or so, so not too much hassle.

The staff on this site are really good. I was driving out of the camp one night when i met a big Lexus with coming towards me on one of the narrow lanes. I only had to reverse back a little, but before i could ,the Lexus reversed to give way to me, wound down his window as we passed and started chatting to us. Saw the car in the car park the next morning, and was told it belonged to the site owner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts