Bailey Pageant - Spinflo Midi Prima

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
We purchased a new van in January in January 2007. We have experienced ongoing problems with the Spinflo Cooker. Despite returning to Chipping Sodbury Caravans, Bailey's customer services, Spinflo/Thetford and our service provider (Coachcraft and Leisure), we have not acheived any remedy. The cooker fails to reach an adequate cooking temperature and can easily fade out withing 5 minutes. We are assured by the suppliers that there has not been other problems/complaints with this cooker. Does anyone have any input?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I have seen problems of this kind in the past on this site and it was posted by Allison who has a Burgendey S6 the same as us. We do not have the problem but Allison did and it was sorted out. Look at areas of New vans or technical posted about Jan of 2007.

Hope this helps

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had a trawl through previous postings, but they do not go that far back! I would suggest that you put a posting up for Allison with S6 and I am sure she will reply. Don,t hold me to this but I am sure that Allison bought her van from Chipping Sodbury?

Rob

MM1

Oct 16, 2006
Visit site
We purchased out bailey 550/6 from chipping sodbury January 07 and our cooker isnt working right either, about 5 mins after igniting, the flame goes out. Each time we have taken it back to chipping sodbury it doesnt happen.... On out last holiday i cooked with all doors and windows closed and the cooker stayed alight, failing this i have to keep the little door under the cooker open... Our first service was done a week ago and still no problem found... Ww were advised by chipping sodbury to try again on next holiday and ring if we still have a problem...

M&M

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Guys

Are you looking for me?

When I had the problem I could only use the cooker if I left the door open on the oven, I found that this provented the flame from going out.

Is the flame high to begin with and does it drop down very low almost immediatley when you close the door? If so it sounds like you have the same problem as I once had.

The problem is the oven is being starved of oxgen, either the door seal needs to have a small gap in it so it is not completely air tight, or have the burner unit inside the oven moved close to the pilot light, hope this make since.

I have cooked numerous Sunday Roasts since on both Calor gas Blue, and BP light.

Ally

May 18, 2007
Visit site
It my be worth getting the bulk head mounted valve checked in the front locker.It might be blocked - I had this problem a couple of years ago with very little gas being released.

This is a very common problem and should be replaced under warranty.The trouble is that the manufacturers of the valve etc don't admit there is a problem - what you need is a mechanic in the know

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
hi all we have a 2005 pageant series 5 and we have the same problem. It is a lack of air to the burner (I am a gas engineer). The way we get round this is to wedge something in the bottom glass door of the cooker to hold it slightly open by approx 2.5cm e.g. an oven glove or anything that. There is also another common fault with this model which Bailey are aware of and will pay to be rectified by an authorised service agent. When the oven is in use, the plastic trim at the back of the work surface melts and the cupboards next to it get quite hot; this is rectified by havin an external vent fitted to the wall of the caravan behind the oven.

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi my name is tony from chipping sodbury caravans.

I Have just found a fix for this oven fault.it requires the oven burner to be moved 5mm and is something that could be carryed out on the service.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tony

That's what I said on the 10th of January.

However it did not take me until I had my first service to get it sorted, why should people like myself pay good money only to be without a oven, are Spinfo/Bailey compensating for a family of 4 eating out in the mean time?

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tony

That's what I said on the 10th of January.

However it did not take me until I had my first service to get it sorted, why should people like myself pay good money only to be without a oven, are Spinfo/Bailey compensating for a family of 4 eating out in the mean time?
Sorry I should have said the 8th.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson

Well done. The original thread on the Spinflo ovens started on 10.08.07 under "Broad Lane Group".

The real problem is Spinflo's inefficiency in telling ALL the caravan dealers that there is a problem with a large batch of their ovens. The poor old dealer had to do a trial and error , often replacing parts that were perfectly ok.

As you and Tony from Chipping Sodbury Caravans say , it is only a matter of moving the burner nearer to the ignition source and I suspect the thermocouple. Also as said previously it is very important to ensure a good oxygen flow. This may entail drilling a hole /holes somewhere within the oven, sorry I don't know where exactly. In the end Broad Lane did resolve Pageant oven mystery.

Cheers

Alan

May 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we have a problem with the grill on our 2005 Pageant Provence, discovered by the service mechanic we use. He says that the flames in the gril flares up, like they are 'dancing' is the best description! He had seen it before on another Pageant, but even after taking it all apart, cleaning it and replacing some parts, it was still the same. He never got to the bottom of. He told us not to use the grill or oven (even though the oven is fine) as they are on the same isolator switch. He told us to write to Spinflo to see if this is a common problem which I am going to do. Anyone out there have this problem or know what it might be? Our bulkhead regulator has been replaced so it's not that. Help!

Steve

Southampton

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi

The issue of 'flame dancing' or 'flame lifting' is caused by oxygen starvation to the gas burner. Spinflo has devised a modification to the oven to rectify this issue. Consequently if you e-mail me your name, address plus caravan serial number and supplying retailer I will arrange for Spinflo to visit you to carry out the necessary remedial work.

Best Regards

Kelly Watts

helpline@bailey-caravans.co.uk

May 5, 2005
Visit site
we have a spinflo oven in our september 07 Indiana and its the best one we have ever had especially compared to our friends Lunar Quamtum which doesnt colour toast after ten minute.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Whoever designed the grill/oven on my Pageant S6 has obviously never used it to cook. When the grill is in use it is impossible to open the oven as the door fouls the grill handle. Yes, I know that I can close the grill, open the oven, close the oven and open the grill but moving the position of the handle by 2 inches would design the problem out. Incidentally, the series 7 is the same.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The Spinflo oven in our 2001 Pageant works superbly - why do manufacturers make changes to perfectly good equipment AND not test them afterwards BEFORE putting them into production?

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
We have a Spinflo oven which does a 'Mexican wave'(the flame rises & falls & then goes out) when lit, has anybody had any success with getting the fault rectified by Spinflo? Our van is 2008 Coachman Amara 530/4 I asked Coachman about this problem & they referred me to Spinflo who as yet have not replied after some 4 weeks, HELP! Is it possible for me to attempt a fix?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts