Bailey Pagent Burgendy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As many of you already know The first day of the NEC show my wife and I opted to buy the latest version of this model.

From a posting by Allyson I was aleretd that Bailey had withdrawn The Remis roof light system and replaced it with according to Baileys web site the Heki system.

The main concern is that the roof light over the kitchen area no longer has the clear roof Remis extractor fan system and replaced with a omnivent. I know the omnivent is effective at removing cooking smells, steam etc but it does not have a clear roof light system built in and the main reason for opting for the Burgendy was that there was plenty of light in the kitchen area. I have not been informed by the supplying dealer or Bailey of these changes.

I know that Bailey state that they can change specification at any time, but their terms also say that the suppling dealer will give the latest spec at the time of purchase. The dealer has as I said not informed me that their was going to be changes at the time of purchase or at any time since. I tried to contact them this week but they are on shut down till the 2nd January 2007 and Bailey yesterday informed me that all dealers were informed in mid November of the changes.

I have not taken delivery of the unit yet as it is due mid January.

Where do I stand leagally on this matter.

Rob

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Rob

Not sure if you seen this message under your comments

I spoke to Bailey about the windows and said I had not been told they said your dealer should have sent you a letter.

I mentioned this to the dealer and they said they have a notice up in their showroom.

Hope you are pleased with your van,although they have made the changes we are still very happy with it and cannot wait to go out in it for the New Year.

Merry Christmas Allyson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rob, when your dealer opens after the holidays ask them for the build number on your van. Then contact the Bailey helpline 0117 3052939 or help@bailey-caravans.co.uk quoting your build number and expressing your concerns they should give you the info you require regarding the specification of your van. All Bailey vans are dispatched to the dealer within 48 hours of build so at this stage with your van being built in Jan they will be able to give you the exact date the van will arrive at the dealers as they did with our Senator

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Richard

I don't think Rob is concerned about the date is van is going to be delivered, he probably knows what date it's roughly due like myslef.

I think it's the fact no one bothered to tell him nor myself of the changes to the van, and reading Rob's message the new roof windows is why he bought the Bailey and that he is not happy with the fact that they changed them without letting anybody know.

I siged up for the Bailey news letter, you think they may have stated it in this, but they haven't.

How is the Senator?

Allyson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson, I was aware that Rob's concern is the specification of the rooflights and just added on the information he can get regarding delivery date as an afterthought. Our Senator is fine and we are realy pleased with it having owned it for just over a year. I have used the Bailey helpline on a couple of occasions and found them very helpfull. If Rob speaks to them before his van his built it may help him get the specification he wants.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
I rang them and tried that no joy.

The van I have now is the new spec, and they have choosen these because they are the best windows for the van, according Baileys.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi rob,

We purchased a series 5 Bailey ranger 460/4 last August, with a layout simular to the Bordeaux, which has the bed fitted on the opposite side to your Burgendy.

It has the new Heiki roof light system fitted, We found that during daylight, and the darker evenings with the internal lighting system both give you a very very bright area within the kitchen area.

Royston

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Royston

Does your kitchen roof light have the fan on each side of the window or is the fan fitted into the actual roof light?

The larger roof light at the front has a push up handle, where it was going to be a wind up handle just like the one over the kitchen.

The one over the bed is also a push up handle.

How do you open your roof lights?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Royston

Does your kitchen roof light have the fan on each side of the window or is the fan fitted into the actual roof light?

The larger roof light at the front has a push up handle, where it was going to be a wind up handle just like the one over the kitchen.

The one over the bed is also a push up handle.

How do you open your roof lights?
Hi Allyson,

The Heiki roof light system in our Ranger is fitted above the

the kitchen area, does not have the extract fan fitted, it has the large window with the push up handle, and qty 4 spot lights

within the frame.

Re how do you open the lights, havent given that a thought yet,

never changed a light bulb in all the vans that we have owned, internal that is, had to change a rear indicator bulb in the pouring rain once , that wasnt to funny as i discovered that there where three types of fitting, since then I have always carried spare external bulbs.

Merry Christmas,Trust your new van will give you endless pleasure in the coming year.

Royston

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Allyson,

The Heiki roof light system in our Ranger is fitted above the

the kitchen area, does not have the extract fan fitted, it has the large window with the push up handle, and qty 4 spot lights

within the frame.

Re how do you open the lights, havent given that a thought yet,

never changed a light bulb in all the vans that we have owned, internal that is, had to change a rear indicator bulb in the pouring rain once , that wasnt to funny as i discovered that there where three types of fitting, since then I have always carried spare external bulbs.

Merry Christmas,Trust your new van will give you endless pleasure in the coming year.

Royston
Sorry Royston you have answered my question I meant how do you open the roof not the lights.

You said it does not have a fan fitted,we do have a fan but no spot lights.

It was going to be a fan to the front and back of the window but no spots lights.

Seems like they keep changing the design.

Allyson

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts