Bailey Ranger 460/4

Aug 15, 2005
Visit site
We have just ordered the fixed bed Ranger this weekend at the London Caravan and Outdoor Show.

I know it is fairly new to the range but has anyone had experience of the van?

Tony

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony,

We took delivery of our ranger 460/4 in July , we have so far covered 405 miles towing, we have been up to Ferry Meadows,(Near Peterborough) and down via the bridge over the Thames to Daleacres (Kent)and back through the tunnel into Essex.

No problem with towing, van keeps a very straight line.

The only problem I had was loading the van initially, found that when I loaded the van the same way as our previous Bailey (IE Pageant Imperial) the nose weight was about 100kg.

My car has a maximuim towball weight of 75 kg.

Through trial and error moving loads around inside the van I have managed to get the noseweight down to 75kg.

Inside the front external cover I have just one gas bottle plus two empty green water bottles.

The spare wheel is fitted underneath.

The load inside the van is positioned on the floor over the axle

alongside the fixed bed.

We find the fixed bed very comfy, the space underneath we only use when we have been on site.

We find the automatic window open positions very handy, we have not open the front window yet, find looking through the window on site is excellent .

The instruction manual supplied with the van is excellent,it covers all the varios internal componets that are supplied through out the complete Bailey range.

Royston

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
We have had our 07 460/4 since September.

Very happy with it, build is excellent, colouways are lovely, tows well. This is our 4th new Bailey and we couldn't be more pleased.

Aug 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony,

We took delivery of our ranger 460/4 in July , we have so far covered 405 miles towing, we have been up to Ferry Meadows,(Near Peterborough) and down via the bridge over the Thames to Daleacres (Kent)and back through the tunnel into Essex.

No problem with towing, van keeps a very straight line.

The only problem I had was loading the van initially, found that when I loaded the van the same way as our previous Bailey (IE Pageant Imperial) the nose weight was about 100kg.

My car has a maximuim towball weight of 75 kg.

Through trial and error moving loads around inside the van I have managed to get the noseweight down to 75kg.

Inside the front external cover I have just one gas bottle plus two empty green water bottles.

The spare wheel is fitted underneath.

The load inside the van is positioned on the floor over the axle

alongside the fixed bed.

We find the fixed bed very comfy, the space underneath we only use when we have been on site.

We find the automatic window open positions very handy, we have not open the front window yet, find looking through the window on site is excellent .

The instruction manual supplied with the van is excellent,it covers all the varios internal componets that are supplied through out the complete Bailey range.

Royston
Royston

Thanks for that, we shouldn't have the nose weight problems you have encountered as we are towing with a Kia Sorento and have 120kg to play with; so 100kg should be within safe limits.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts