Bailey Senator Indiania S5

Oct 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi all forum users
Me and my OH have had our Elddis (1997) 2 berth for 4 years now we love our van but are now tempted to upgrade to a 4 berth fixed bed. I have been looking around our local caravan dealers and like the look and layout of the Bailey Senator Indiania S5, ive seen one for £9999. I would like to know if this a good price and could anyone recommend this van.
Thanks for your help in advance
Kay

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
After a quick browse through a few online adverts I'd say that the price is in the ball park depending of course on the overall condition and age of the caravan. If the caravan is suitable you can always haggle to try to bring down the price or to get a better part exchange deal.
I've never owned a Bailey but there are a lot of them around so Bailey obviously make a product that buyers want and they have good equipment levels.
Have a good look around the front and rear abs panels to confirm that there are no small cracks or splits especially near to curved areas and near to the awning rail. Don't forget to check for signs of water ingress inside, look behind curtains and blinds and lift window surrond rubbers slightly to look for discoloured or soft areas.
Ask the dealer if there have been any repairs to or replacement of the bodywork and what guarantee is offered.
You certainly won't regret choosing a model with a fixed bed, we'd never go back to the kerfuffle of moving cushions and bedding around just before bedtime.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Kay,
We used to have an Indiana and found it to be an excellent van, I really can't think of any problems we had with it. I'm not up to speed with prices of caravans so can't comment on that. Parksy gives good advice on what to look out for but a lot really depends on whether its previous owners took good care of it or not.
The reason we changed it was my other half decided she would like a caravan with fixed bed and a rear toilet/shower compartment so we went for a Wyoming, again no problems with this van either.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts