Bailey senator wyoming series 6

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Spider , Same comments apply. Ask to see the FSH which they quote, in particular the damp meter readings. The Senator and Pageant were built using the same construction.

Reactions: Spider10
Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Spider , Same comments apply. Ask to see the FSH which they quote, in particular the damp meter readings. The Senator and Pageant were built using the same construction.
Ok thanks ill definitely see them before i decide
Thanks everyone for your comments 😊

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You seem to be heading in the right direction revwanting to check things out. I too think prices will fall in the autumn as owners feel a caravan is not for them or energy and cost of living increases start to bite. I’m seeing it already on pre owned car prices in our area.

One site to look at could be CMHC members classifieds. You don’t need to be a member to access the classifieds. Sometimes members will be selling van plus everything as things like health issues affect their ability to continue their hobby. The chances are all the vans history and provenance are all available.

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Ill try that thanks, ive noticed certain vans or owner's are holding out hoping to get the best price (which I agree with to a certain extent ie fixed bed owner's) i think ill keep looking hopefully a low owner well maintained van will come up as i said previously im in no rush 😀 THANKS

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ill try that thanks, ive noticed certain vans or owner's are holding out hoping to get the best price (which I agree with to a certain extent ie fixed bed owner's) i think ill keep looking hopefully a low owner well maintained van will come up as i said previously im in no rush 😀 THANKS
The caravan i just Sold recently was a one owner from new with full service history and a damp check so good luck in your search:D

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Spider ,
I asked , the seller replied:

Hi ******
We bought the van around 3 years ago.
It was serviced etc then but haven’t had it serviced since.
Due to us not using it and recently when we decided to sell we couldn’t get anywhere to service it.
So no recent service/damp readings sorry.
Regards
*******””

without seeing it and having it professionally checked I’d look elsewhere

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Quick update
It wasn't for me the inside space was smaller than my old van so back on the hunt again
Once you have seen the inside of a TA , and a full length SA anything else will always seem smaller. But as you know there are trade offs . Have you drawn up your own spec and then checked which models will suit you?

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
I disagree our last van was a SA not TA and was larger inside probably because of the rear bathroom and also felt more airy you would never think the colour scheme could change the inside feeling as for my spec
Im after a fixed bed and must be 2009-2012 not really bothered about an awning as there's only the 2 of us and basically as big as possible motor mover would be an advantage but not a deal breaker low owner's and plenty of history im probably looking for a unicorn but willing to wait i always buy private, im a very picky person 😉

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I disagree our last van was a SA not TA and was larger inside probably because of the rear bathroom and also felt more airy you would never think the colour scheme could change the inside feeling as for my spec
Im after a fixed bed and must be 2009-2012 not really bothered about an awning as there's only the 2 of us and basically as big as possible motor mover would be an advantage but not a deal breaker low owner's and plenty of history im probably looking for a unicorn but willing to wait i always buy private, im a very picky person 😉
Spider I did say “ full length SA, many of which are the same length as the largest TA , one off vans excepted.

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
True, with movers on one axle you will struggle to turn the van. I know from experience 😂
With movers on both axles it's easier, but nowhere near as easy as a single axle
One thing AWD motor movers on a twin axle does better is get up a kerb, same kerb on a single axle and the motor mover had to have help, whereas the twin axle motor mover leapt up .

Aug 5, 2022
Visit site
Hi! Hope you find the right van. We bought a used single axle Pageant S6 last year and it’s been great. We like the fixed bed, it’s a good 2 person van. Ours has no known damp. Expect to fix a good few smaller items if you bring a van of this age into regular use, ours was a very good example I think but was probably so good because it had had light use. Its had a new skylight due to cracking at the hinge side, dealer warranty paid for that, plastic doesn’t survive so well in the sun always. Check skylights if buying privately would be expensive parts. The window stay locks are crumbling, we have a few of those to replace, again 15 yo plastic issues. Water pump failed and water intake o rings needed replacing, I’ve fitted a new pump. The heating hot water and fridge have been fine. I’ve replaced the crap old Bailey radio with something modern. I also dumped the Status TV antenna, replaced its TV function with a Cell/Wifi antenna and a DAB antenna that was fitted at the same site. Lightbulbs are all easy to replace with LED. Check age of tyres. Basically check that everything works, including heating and HW on gas and electric. I’d expect to do some DIY on an older van, I guess they are not for those who need a dealer every time a window catch falls apart,

Steve

Aug 19, 2022
Visit site
Hi Spider10
I had a Wyoming 6 for 10 years. It was 2007 bought second hand. It was a fantastic van. No damp and pulled like a dream. Had this itch to get a motorhome so traded in for Swift kontiki. Five months later I sold that and am waiting for a Bailey Alicanto. I wish though I had not sold my Wyoming. Get it you will love it. on the question of motormovers, if you haven’t got to drag it uphill too much you should not have any trouble with the single mover.
regards
Movman

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Going to look at a 2011 elddis avante 540 at the weekend fsh,motor mover etc but has end bathroom will this be a similar size the the wyoming inside? Anyone owned 1 thanks

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Going to look at a 2011 elddis avante 540 at the weekend fsh,motor mover etc but has end bathroom will this be a similar size the the wyoming inside? Anyone owned 1 thanks
I hope it everything you want but check service history and it been stamped up since new and it had a full damp check and good luck at the weekend

Aug 11, 2022
Visit site
Update
I have bought a 1 owner from new upto date service history and habitation check
Immaculate condition Bailey GT60 620-6
2009 the wife absolutely loves it now I would like some opinions on which motor mover to fit I think i will go with a quad setup ? Pics to follow 🙂

Attachments

• IMG-20220827-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220827-WA0000.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 17

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts