Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
This may sound crazy but what does one use for a bottom sheet when the double bed is out as an open sleeping bag will not cover the whole area,thanks.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Before we had a fixed bed we used a double sized duvet over the cushions for warmth and comfort covered by a double sized flat sheet with another sheet and 13.5 tog duvet on top.
Snug as a bug in a rug

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
We use a quilted mattress protector then a king size fitted sheet on ours. Then either a winter duvet or a lightweight summer one, depending on the time of year.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
When making up from cushions we used a Double duvet with a cover on, on the bottom so no need to fiddle with a sheet, double duvet with a cover on the top. If your bed is especially big, use king size. Far easier than trying to get a sheet tucked in and the duvet cushioned out some of of the lumps of joining cushions. Now have a fixed bed with a memory foam matteress. Bliss.
mel

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
We have just been away in our caravan every night we tried a different combination of swapping cushions, single beds then double beds, 5 combinations 5 nights then gave up and came home. The trouble is the side single cushions are too firm and the double bed with the slats makes my bum disappear in a hole and gives me back ache. Looked at it this morning, armed with a saw but the bunk bed cushions seem to fit so with some hardbourd covering the slats and the bunk cushions will try that next time.
Trouble is next time I am going on a long trip to Italy.
Anybody any clue as to what to do to make a nice flat double bed.
Thanks

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
We have a 2" memory foam mattress with a protector and sheet safety pinned onto it to stop it all coming apart when it's rolled up and sored during the day. Roll this out over the made up cushions and sleep on top, we use a kingsize duvet but that's just personal choice. The foam smoothes out all the lumps and bumps from the cushions as well as protecting them.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
bopeep; are you turning the cushions over? This generally helps a bit, then with a memory foam topper, and a duvet under and over you should be more comfy.
mel

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
We carry 2 duvets - one summer weight and one winter weight. One goes on the bottom and the other goes on the top, Overnight temperature decides the order. We also carry an empty duvet cover which we use as an oversheet for really warm nights abroad, or as an undersheet for really cold nights here when both duvets go on the top (rarely needed).

John M

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I do turn the cushions over but the caravan is 7 years old and it is possible that the springs in the cushions may be slightly worn, I have only had it recently.
We do use a quilt and a topper, maybe my back is too sensitive, it would be a shame to dump the caravan just because of the sleeping arrangements I confess to enjoying myself when I have used it.
I am going to try and stiffen up the slats, but cannot sleep on it before I use it to go away.
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts