BIGGEST FEAR OR PHOBIA

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lolly,

I'm frightened of women who are 5'6", short, scruffy (funky?!!) red hair and have the top half to match Jordan!!

If I ever met one I don't know what I would do !!!!

Brian (",)
Does drool effect the workings of a keyboard?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My worst phobia is definetly road bridges. Have any of you driven over that big bug**er on the Chirk bypass? Dont know why I thought I would be safer doing only 20 mph because it just prolonged the agony of crossing the damn thing. Had my own personal convoy behind, and why did I think I was going to fall off when its a dual carriageway for gawds sake?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Miss Ramblingrose did you see the programme last night on TV of the reconstruction of the earthquake that hit San Fransisco a few years ago. The two tier bridge collapsed leaving vehicle squashed and mangled. Quite horrific to say the least. How would you be on the new bridge recently opened in France?

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
1. My daughters mobile phone bill arriving.

2. Dentists (a friend of mine takes a diazapan before she visits), sounds good to me.

3. Receiving my bank statement, always puts the fear of god into me.

4. Beetles and snails.

5. Although I love flying, I cannot stand heights, like Wendy, I couldn't go near a cliff edge and I don't like to see other people near them either.

Lisa.
Lisa, Like you I'm OK on a plane - I love sitting in the window seat!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Miss Ramblingrose did you see the programme last night on TV of the reconstruction of the earthquake that hit San Fransisco a few years ago. The two tier bridge collapsed leaving vehicle squashed and mangled. Quite horrific to say the least. How would you be on the new bridge recently opened in France?
Its the French populace I feel sorry for Colin regarding that bridge. They aren't very happy because it wasn't designed by a Frenchman. If the truth was known the reason for their unhappiness is because it was designed by a Brit.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
It was explained some years ago that fear of heights is linked to falling, falling doesn't hurt but hitting the ground does! You spend most of your time on the ground, so it is actually quite user friendly! Just make sure you don't fall and if you do it's an old friend that's gonna stop you!

Never met a bird (flying type!) that doesn't fly away when someone gets near or a sharp noise like a clap is made, so whats there to be afraid of apart fom thos man eating pigeons and blur tits I guess :)

Get a grip!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
It was explained some years ago that fear of heights is linked to falling, falling doesn't hurt but hitting the ground does! You spend most of your time on the ground, so it is actually quite user friendly! Just make sure you don't fall and if you do it's an old friend that's gonna stop you!

Never met a bird (flying type!) that doesn't fly away when someone gets near or a sharp noise like a clap is made, so whats there to be afraid of apart fom thos man eating pigeons and blur tits I guess :)

Get a grip!
Blue Tits !!!

Sorry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its the French populace I feel sorry for Colin regarding that bridge. They aren't very happy because it wasn't designed by a Frenchman. If the truth was known the reason for their unhappiness is because it was designed by a Brit.
If my memory serves me correct it was also a British company which constructed it.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina

Obviously you did not see the documentary about it, it's in southern France and is a bridge across a gorge. Magnificent

See:- http://www.viaducdemillaueiffage.com/index.php4?lang=EN

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
No No No No !!!!! Had a peek at the webcam,there is no way in this world I could go across that bridge,NOT even for a jumbo bar of galaxy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Tina

Avoid Nantes as well then if you ever get over to France. There is quite a high bridge there as well!!!! I love them must be a bit daft.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
No No No No !!!!! Had a peek at the webcam,there is no way in this world I could go across that bridge,NOT even for a jumbo bar of galaxy !!!!!!!!!!!!
And heres me thinking you would do anything for chocolate

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
OK Maaayyybeeee if George Clooney was naked and holding that bar of Galaxy I'd give it a go,it would still have to be jumbo though,and the Galaxy too !!!lol!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to say that I missed the programme about the bridge hit by the Earthquake as husband had fetched down some power lines whilst tree felling and knocked out the power to us and several local villages........but thats another story.....

I know of the bridge in France you mention and even looking at the photo makes me feel faint....... theres yet another bridge over the river at Honfleur which is pretty high.....my son brought home a photo of it taken off the river boat on a school trip and the bridge is just a line in the sky.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I have to say that I missed the programme about the bridge hit by the Earthquake as husband had fetched down some power lines whilst tree felling and knocked out the power to us and several local villages........but thats another story.....

I know of the bridge in France you mention and even looking at the photo makes me feel faint....... theres yet another bridge over the river at Honfleur which is pretty high.....my son brought home a photo of it taken off the river boat on a school trip and the bridge is just a line in the sky.
hmmmmmm - I heard about it on the local radio Rosie :O(

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Well I been over the bridge at pont de normadie, (I should say bridges) always scary looking from the bottom or at a distance, but grip the wheel all the same.

I've yet to do the other, I will have to though.

Why?

Because hubby from the age of 12 wanted to build bridges.

Did he do it?

Yes.

What now?

He wants to go and see it, ogle the architecture, admire the views, and drive over.

Several times.....

ME

petrified.

TRENDING THREADS