BIGGEST FEAR OR PHOBIA

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Well I been over the bridge at pont de normadie, (I should say bridges) always scary looking from the bottom or at a distance, but grip the wheel all the same.

I've yet to do the other, I will have to though.

Why?

Because hubby from the age of 12 wanted to build bridges.

Did he do it?

Yes.

What now?

He wants to go and see it, ogle the architecture, admire the views, and drive over.

Several times.....

ME

petrified.
poor you,but gald it is you and not me !!! lol

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi janey1

think it's that nasty little s*** at work again! never been a David on here that I,ve seen before! MR Mod please delete it !

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
I can't believe no-one's got a fear of flying apart from me!

one of the reasons I enjoy caravanning - I dont even like being in airports, never mind the utter stupidity of climbing in a tube with 2 engines strapped on, and all that aviation fuel swilling around.....!

anyone? no? just me then?? Oh God...

Mark (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just caught up on the thread about the Millau Bridge. We came back from Spain via this route last winter. To say that the bridge is spectacular is an understatement, it is immense. It is actually higher than the Eiffel tower.

There is a tourist centre underneath the bridge that is worth the visit

I can thoroughly recommend the area for a stay. The Millau gorge is a beautiful wooded deep valley with a few sites doted around, but the sites in Millau itself are not open in winter.

Reading back on what I've written and perhaps I should have put it under overseas touring --

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I have a real problem with the bridge at Dartford (going south). Two members of our family live down south and we have, by necessity, to go over but it makes me break out in hot/cold sweats every time. This happens with/without the caravan on the back!!! Ughhhhrrrr

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I can't believe no-one's got a fear of flying apart from me!

one of the reasons I enjoy caravanning - I dont even like being in airports, never mind the utter stupidity of climbing in a tube with 2 engines strapped on, and all that aviation fuel swilling around.....!

anyone? no? just me then?? Oh God...

Mark (",)
Yes me too :O( anyone would think that as we are the windy types we would like it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a real problem with the bridge at Dartford (going south). Two members of our family live down south and we have, by necessity, to go over but it makes me break out in hot/cold sweats every time. This happens with/without the caravan on the back!!! Ughhhhrrrr
Ann, living in Essex we use the bridge quite a lot, Is it the climb up or the steep decent approching the toll booths that gives you the chivers, Its funny really as I hate the return journey through the tunnells

Roy

TRENDING THREADS