Booking In Software

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Everyone

I have been developing a software program to suit campsite owners to enable them to let their customers book in online.

Would it be possible that you guys and girls could give it a test spin for me. All feedback greatly appreciated.

The senario: you wish to book your caravan into the "Seafront Site" during any dates you choose between the 1st-14th June. There are 20 pitches avaiable on a first booked first served basis. With this being a demo dont use any credit card details, just use the pay by cheque/postal order for demo purposes

thanks

Brian

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Brian,

I had a look at the web site but found it difficult to follow ( I must add that I am not an expert with computers,but find the Caravan Club booking arrangements much easier to follow.

Maureen

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for your comments Maureen, I just had a quick look at CC booking system, and I think it is what you are used to dealing with, for me as a first time user there I made no sense of CC booking system. Our software is geared towards owner operators rather than a national club / organisation

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian,

I have had a look, it's not too bad but I don't like having to click on each individual date to book it and then continue with the booking every time, its a bit of a faff,not sure how you can change it, maybe have an additional choice of single nights or weekly options which then in turn open up into the booking dates so if you want more than one night you don;t have to keep repeating yourself. Sorry not a techy.

Hope that helps,

Caroline

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
I understand where you are comming from, the reason it is done on an indiviual day basis is to determine the pitches left on site for that particular date, so when 20 pitches are booked out on a set date you will be notified "Fully Booked"

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
I understand where you are comming from, the reason it is done on an indiviual day basis is to determine the pitches left on site for that particular date, so when 20 pitches are booked out on a set date you will be notified "Fully Booked"
That makes sense Brian.

Other than that I had no problems with it but as you say its really meant for site owners then it should be fine as they obviously need to know if they have any pitches left.

Caroline

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It MUST be able to accept dates from - to, even if the background software breaks that into separate transactions.

Caravanners won't use multiple entry for a weekend, never mind a fortnight.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi Brian,

I have to agree with Caroline that it is a bit long winded, why not bring up a separate page with a matrix of 1st-30th June then the user can just click the dates they are interested in this could be linked to an xl spreadsheet that you would ping up if the dates and the pitches are available.

I have seen it on a camping website but can't think of the site at the mo.

Martin "E"

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
In regard to the long winded/continue booking, when comfortable with any booking system once you have studied and used it things always work out quicker than you think. On testing I booked a week long break in approx 1 min 45sec now this did not include submitting your address details granted, but I think it is quick enough not to agrivate a customer into not booking online. My problem is functionality for both customer and camp site owner and that is where the longer booking process occurs. Apart from this can anyone see any flaws/upgrades they would like.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
In regard to the long winded/continue booking, when comfortable with any booking system once you have studied and used it things always work out quicker than you think. On testing I booked a week long break in approx 1 min 45sec now this did not include submitting your address details granted, but I think it is quick enough not to agrivate a customer into not booking online. My problem is functionality for both customer and camp site owner and that is where the longer booking process occurs. Apart from this can anyone see any flaws/upgrades they would like.
I think it'll agravate customers on principle - don't forget response time will depend on their line speed as well as your software design, ie factors outside your control.

You're booking by month so why not display a simple matrix, like a calendar, with a tick or cross for each date to show availability BEFORE customer attempts to book.

Actually monthly selection doesn't help where holidays cross monthly boundaries.

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
Sorry, but this is very clumsy to use.If you want people to select days individually, it can be done by tick boxes against each date, and a single book now button.

More usefully, the button should be "Check Availability", and should show each day as available or not, along with other days around the period (say one week each side). This is because many caravanners are retired/self employed, and can be flexible about arrangements. Consequently, if they can't get the Saturday start they were looking for, they might be willing to start on a Sunday, or Monday, if you show them that this is available.

As it is, I would probably either ring up or give up, particulalrly if I was just checking possibilities.

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
When the pre determined number of sites are fully booked that date is automatically removed from the system, in testing 14th june is now fully booked and as you can see is now not available to even select. Good valid points keep them coming please.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian - sorry but having to book individual days and confirm awning details etc before adding party details etc is frustrating and not very user friendly.

I use a PC all day ay work and prefer to book sites online if possible, however iof a sire operated a system such as this I would be more inclined to pick up the phone and call direct.

As aside issue what happens if I select one day and then go back to selects subseqeunt nights only to finds someone else has beaten me to the last available pitch?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts