Bothersome dog!!!

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Having recently returned from a two week stay at Cirencester Pakr CC site I was amazed at just how many dogs are allowed to behave badly, continually yapping for no reason at all.

we thought it was bad enough being woken by a cockerell in the field nearby (at 2am in the morning!) but the owners allowing their pets to yap continually all day nearly drove us to distraction.

The last weekend a couple arrived with two small dogs (***** and dog). The ***** was beautifully behaved but the dog was hopeless. He constantly yapped whilst sitting alongside the owners and all he seemed to get was praise! The couple on the pitch next to us went around with faces like fiddles and didn't speak a word all weekend, until the point of packing up and departing. How delighted I was when they both exclaimed: "We didn't know you had a dog with you!".

Why can't owners train their dogs social skills, as you would a child?

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Yes, Tina, they certainly did! But since we were already pitched (for two more nights) couldn't be bothered taking down the awning and re-erecting. Guess we just have to put up with the idiots!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ann - couldn't agree more. We recently stayed at a superb CL in Cornwall - Badger's Folly near Truro - with our choccy Labrador Charlie, who though far from perfect (what labrador's are?) and only 10 months old, never barks and we ALWAYS "clear up" after him. Regretably due to very inconsiderate other dog owners the lovely owners who are really nice people and have two lovely dogs themselves, have had to ban dogs from their site (unless they've already met them). As usual the minority spoil it for the majority.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ann - couldn't agree more. We recently stayed at a superb CL in Cornwall - Badger's Folly near Truro - with our choccy Labrador Charlie, who though far from perfect (what labrador's are?) and only 10 months old, never barks and we ALWAYS "clear up" after him. Regretably due to very inconsiderate other dog owners the lovely owners who are really nice people and have two lovely dogs themselves, have had to ban dogs from their site (unless they've already met them). As usual the minority spoil it for the majority.
Well that sounds silly banning dogs they dont know. I have a Great Dane and he's no trouble but I would be banned yet they have never met us or ever will because of what others have done. Will the be banning new vanners next because a few have been a pain?

Seems short sighted.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dogs are a confounded nuisance,

excepting working animals,i.e., sheep, hearing, blind, etc. What is it with people and their dogs at the end of the day dogs are animals.

roger

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Yes, Roger, I fully agree with you. Dogs are animals. However, I have seen many more better behave dogs than children over the past few years. I suppose it is all to do with the 'Nanny state' again!!!

Well behave dogs are a pleasure to be around, sadly I doubt you would agree with this!!!

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Roger,

Let me point out to you that dogs are more than just "animals" to alot of people - particularly those who are unfortunately alone. They are friends, family and very close companions. They are the reason that some people actually get out of bed in the mornings.

I take it you are not a PET owner then!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sadly - I think Roger forgets that so are we (animals that is).

Pets of all sorts reduce stress - even a goldfish. Dogs keep us healthy by giving us an excuse to walk. Cats provide a welcome - especially important to the live alone/elderly.

Most of the really miserable people that I have come accross are those without animals.

And it is proven that animals as pets help reduce stress.

I think Roger would benefit from having one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Pets of all sorts reduce stress - even a goldfish. Dogs keep us healthy by giving us an excuse to walk. Cats provide a welcome - especially important to the live alone/elderly.

Most of the really miserable people that I have come accross are those without animals.

You sir, are arrogant in your assumption, in that I need an animal, you do not know me, and yes I am aware that we are part of the animal world, why do "doggy people become so defensive, when dogs are called into question.

You must be aware that not all people(animals) like these quadropeds.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
You sir, are arrogant in your assumption, in that I need an animal, you do not know me, and yes I am aware that we are part of the animal world, why do "doggy people become so defensive, when dogs are called into question.

You must be aware that not all people(animals) like these quadropeds.
Roger

You're letting get to you

ColinB

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Roger,

Do you wonder doggy owners become defensive when faced with negative retorts like "quadrupeds". I certainly prefer my four footed friend to some bipeds!!!
quadrpeds,bipeds,knobeds !!!!!! only jokin !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
quadrpeds,bipeds,knobeds !!!!!! only jokin !!
Shame on you Tina, I thought your restrained posts so far were all politically correct, but here you go too far! Your use of exclamation marks can only be frowned upon, did your mother not teach you, 12-15 exclamation marks per sentance, you only used 6! Now go wash them hands, and think yourself lucky I didn't have a bar of soap on me!!!!!!!!!!!!

(bet you counted every one of them, didn't you) : )

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Speaking as someone who until a couple of years ago had a dog and has parents who have dogs and who have always had dogs, I would like to say my synopsis is that in general dog owners love their dog, nothing wrong with that, but they often assume very incorrectly that therefore everyone else also should/does love their dog equally. The fact is they don't, I'm afraid most people probably see your pet, dog, cat, whatever, as a pain in the proverbial and I for one I'm afraid agree with Roger to some extent, to other people 'spot' is a nuisance and dog owners should respect that some people really don't really want to be bothered with them. I know this doesn't apply to all you pet owners, but equally I think some of you should take a look at the way you thrust 'spot' onto people.

OK I'm ready for the flak

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Tina, Please explain to me what you mean by "did they have a new car and caravan", I ask since i have a 1 month old tow car and a three month old van and i also have two very well behaved cavalier king charles spaniels that only bark if somebody invades there space, one being a ***** the other a dog. whilst on site i am usually the first to offer my help if it is required and i always make the effort to speak to others, i am by no means a veteran caravaner having only been in the hobby for six years and i would find it quite distressing if i turned up on site to find somebody wondering if we are the ones to which you refer esspecially since from previous conversations i seem to remember that we live not too far apart. i must be a little slow today as i really can not see how a new car and caravan can result in a barking dog, in our case they are the product of two hard working people who would rather have the car and van than waste 4 grand a year on two weeks in ibiza.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I see that in the general forum we now have a discussion about dogs, and adult sites has come up again.

There was an interesting discussion in a post started by Steve in Leo on 3rd September under title of 'what a crap site'. One of the responses to a comment I made was a reply from Lord Brakewynde suggesting some interesting, and perhaps novel, points for discussion, which were infinetly more interesting than the round robin of 4x4, adult only sites, dogs, behaviour of children, windbreaks,TV's etc.

Sorry about the rant, I guess I must be spending to much time on the forum.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Tina, please accept my appology for the previous post, I have just read another thread about young kids on site and can see that your comment was tongue in cheek with regards to a comment by Ann. having read this post first you can understand why i was alittle puzzled as to your comment but having read the other post i can see your point. Maybee Ann could now enlighten us all and explain why a new car and van is so dreadfull ?.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Oh Roger - do be sensible!

How can what I said POSSIBLY be seen as arrogant? All I point out is that animals give a lot of pleasure to a great deal of people. I do not see that as defensive or arrogant.

If you want arrogance look at the wording of your posting:-

"Dogs are a confounded nuisance,

excepting working animals,i.e., sheep, hearing, blind, etc. What is it with people and their dogs at the end of the day dogs are animals.

roger"

Just hear yourself will you?

"....confounded nuisance"

"What is it with people and their dogs......."

I certainly have different views to you - but of course as another "anti" - Anti-Dog this time - you just cannot stand it when your limited vision of the world is effectively challenged.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
We rehomed our dog when our first son was born because we simply couldn't risk the dog reacting to something the baby did.Now Im sure most dogs are lovely but when we are out walking and a dog runs over to say "hello" to my kids (4&6) no matter how much the owner reasures us that "he loves children" it doesn't take away that split second when the headlines about children being mawled by a family pet flash though your head.My opinion for what its worth,No dog can be trusted 100%,all dogs should wear a muzzel and should be on a lead at all times.I'll leave the the mess they make for another day........a bit like some dog owners really!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts