Bothersome dog!!!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 4, 2005
Visit site
Clive , the child was holding his mothers hand, it did not run over to the dog. He simply put his hand up to stoke the dog that was passing some 6 inches away. Is it the parents fault or the dog owners fault that they were allowed to get so close,well probably niether as it was busy and they didn't see each other until it was too late .But my point stays the same ,if that is all it takes to make a dog react surely that is enough to fit a muzzle. Also Clive, so far you have referred to me re homing my dog as,just packing it up and giving it away and being dumped.Now this was a dog that I had for 5 years ,it wasn't my first dog and the decision to re home him was not an easy one to make ,but was one we felt in the long term would be the right one. He was re homed by the RSPCA from where I got him in the first place ...Brian.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ann

I know what my husband would do, a saucepan of cold water every time it happened. He wouldn't care what response he got from the owners either, but the dogs WOULD stop, they learn quickly. The dogs I mean of course.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
RIGHT EVERYBODY!

You have just caused a riot in this office and I hope you are proud of yourselves.

I laughed a Tina's comment and was asked why.

I said we were discussing the pro and cons of Dogs but somehow we have got onto the pros and cons of big or little tits.

The ornithologist said he liked "Long Tailed Tits" and at that point I fell off my chair.

By the way - having just checked - my dog (female) who is at my side as I sit recovering on the floor has eight.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
More than a handful is a waste!! (thats what I tell myself anyway !! Ask the ornithologist about Blue Tits ! see them on the beach at blackpool quite often !

RIGHT EVERYBODY!

You have just caused a riot in this office and I hope you are proud of yourselves.

I laughed a Tina's comment and was asked why.

I said we were discussing the pro and cons of Dogs but somehow we have got onto the pros and cons of big or little tits.

The ornithologist said he liked "Long Tailed Tits" and at that point I fell off my chair.

By the way - having just checked - my dog (female) who is at my side as I sit recovering on the floor has eight.
Lol Clive you`ve made me laugh :)))

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
its just starting to get interesting and ive got to go to work, oh well. Tina i'll give you a blast on the trains wistle as i come in to southport station, just to say hello. chat again tommorow, bye bye.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Clive, is there any chance of a job in your office? it sounds great, spend all day on the PCV forum.

I was caught red handed by my boss a few months ago while in full flow typing a reply to a topic when I really should have been somewhere else, boss hit the roof and stormed off muttering something about getting out more often.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have been quite amused at all the banter on dogs leading into kids etc.

Whenever these subject are discussed it really seems a waste of time apart from having a good laugh at all the humour.

As in all things it seems their are good & bad dogs - good & bad owners and likewise with kids and their parents.

Seen on a campsite in 2004 was a guy wearing a tee shirt with the words " A good dog is a dead dog"

I just hope it was not one of the anti dog people on this forum !!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive , the child was holding his mothers hand, it did not run over to the dog. He simply put his hand up to stoke the dog that was passing some 6 inches away. Is it the parents fault or the dog owners fault that they were allowed to get so close,well probably niether as it was busy and they didn't see each other until it was too late .But my point stays the same ,if that is all it takes to make a dog react surely that is enough to fit a muzzle. Also Clive, so far you have referred to me re homing my dog as,just packing it up and giving it away and being dumped.Now this was a dog that I had for 5 years ,it wasn't my first dog and the decision to re home him was not an easy one to make ,but was one we felt in the long term would be the right one. He was re homed by the RSPCA from where I got him in the first place ...Brian.
You might rationalise it that way. But I cannot help feeling that the dog felt dumped - or possibly dumped on.

You are either personally committed to the animals well being or you are not. At least you did take it back to the RSPCA.

The NCDL told us that we had to have our fences raised if we wanted the dog we had selected (its a big dog whose only crime was that its owner died and the family didn't want it). When we asked why we were told that three days after being left there it jumped the fence and they thought it had run off. When they opened the gates he was sitting there, where the family had parked the car when they left it.

We got him after he had been in the NCDL kennels for several months - some dogs are OK in such circumstances, some are not. He wasn't. It has taken a long time to gain his trust.

Animals are not like items of clothing that you can return or throw out if they no longer fit. If you do not realise this then you should never havs had a dog in the first place.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive, is there any chance of a job in your office? it sounds great, spend all day on the PCV forum.

I was caught red handed by my boss a few months ago while in full flow typing a reply to a topic when I really should have been somewhere else, boss hit the roof and stormed off muttering something about getting out more often.
How dare you say I am on this Forum all day!

No only when we are slack - you probably will not hear from me at all at calender and financial year end. Why is it that people always leave their financial bits right to the last min.

Also we runs a nice little office - very friendly mainly "grey hairs" whose children are off our hands and the mortgage under control.

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi James,I seen a woman wearing a t-shirt with ***** on the front. Just a thought, we could get t-shirts printed that would give forum members a clue to our identity when on site.Land rovers/kangaroos/monkeys/for or anti windbreaks etc. m

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Clive I got my dog before I met my wife and obviously before we had children,The decision to re home him was on the grounds of safety for my son and the fact that I would have to restrict the dogs movements at all times .We felt that it would be better for the dog to be in a home where this wasn't the case....PS, what has happened to your posting last night about "The opinionated pr*ts " on this forum,did the Moderator take it off?...Brian.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian - At least you and I can agree to disagree and I admit to being commited to animal welfare which colours my judgement.

Yes the Opinions post was removed. Not sure if it got more heated after I went to bed, but it would seem that it is OK for Big R (which is not Big Roy it seems - very confussing) to say "p***k" on the "towcars" topic but I cannot say "pr*t" on this one.

Interestingly it was the same person who seemed to "loose it" last night when you and I were having our chat. All I wanted to do was to flag up how many negative themes there were!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Clive you can tell the difference in the posts,Big Roy sounds a big softy from Southport who loves caravanning with his daughter,a nice chap !! never seen him get aggressive yet !

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site

Clive it could be worse it could of been the PVC forum,now that would be worrying!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What is it with you Dave that you seem to need everyone to have a multiple personality.

Have you some inner need that causes you to think so?

Bizarre behaviour - really bizarre

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I got the idea when it was suggested that I was Kanga/ Kanga was me and ever since then Im convinced that some members have multi-personalities via different names when posting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts