Breakdown recovery services

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I managed to be pleased with the deal with RAC as car already with them, just paid the extra amount so can't complain.
RAC Arrival and CCC have recently announced a new approach as they say “ focused specifically on the needs etc etc…”. Be interesting to see what has changed and if the price is nearer Mayday.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
With my car in the RAC my caravan is with Arrival RAC breakdown cover C&CC we have been with them for some time now very happy with the service so far not needed yet :)
BB that’s a bit like the people that give 5 star reviews to insurance companies. But all they are saying is that taking out the policy was easy and went smoothly. The real test is how well the Service Provider deals with you when things go awry.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB that’s a bit like the people that give 5 star reviews to insurance companies. But all they are saying is that taking out the policy was easy and went smoothly. The real test is how well the Service Provider deals with you when things go awry.
Just have to wait and see when the time comes :)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I managed to be pleased with the deal with RAC as car already with them, just paid the extra amount so can't complain.
I've found that callouts for AA/RAC as part of a new vehicle warranty puts you to the back of the queue compared to private members - it may be "free" but having twice been made to wait half a day for a patrol just to confirm my diagnosis I keep my Mayday cover going when I buy a new car rather than rely on the warranty deal.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've found that callouts for AA/RAC as part of a new vehicle warranty puts you to the back of the queue compared to private members - it may be "free" but having twice been made to wait half a day for a patrol just to confirm my diagnosis I keep my Mayday cover going when I buy a new car rather than rely on the warranty deal.
I will keep my breakdown cover that is my choice :)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We're in RAC Arrival through the C&CC and we are given priority for breakdown service because I'm classed as disabled.
I've called the RAC out a few times, and they changed a caravan tyre at the roadside after a puncture as part of the service.
We had our RAC membership which also includes Home Start and priority disabled cover as part of a deal from the C&CC.
There may well be cheaper alternatives to RAC membership but we're happy to stick with what we know.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
For breakdown service I don't think you can really find fault with either Mayday, RAC Arrival or Red Pennant.

In my opinion, RAC and AA might provide a more personal and professional service which is consistent across the country. But at a premium price.

The others, I think, all use local agents which can be a lot quicker in response. But the service can be variable though usually satisfactory and cheaper.

I get a good deal via CSMA with Britannia, but now we are members of CC&C I might do a comparison. But I would need to know what the European service might be.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We're in RAC Arrival through the C&CC and we are given priority for breakdown service because I'm classed as disabled.
I've called the RAC out a few times, and they changed a caravan tyre at the roadside after a puncture as part of the service.
We had our RAC membership which also includes Home Start and priority disabled cover as part of a deal from the C&CC.
There may well be cheaper alternatives to RAC membership but we're happy to stick with what we know.
Exactly same cover because i have mobility issues wheelchair assistance financial matters I considered personal and not to be discussed on this forum

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Exactly same cover because i have mobility issues wheelchair assistance financial matters I considered personal and not to be discussed on this forum
You never mentioned any of this in all your earlier posts😉. If you get a disability discount from RAC then you are lucky. But does it make their service to others on here better than the rest🤪🤪🤪

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You never mentioned any of this in all your earlier posts😉. If you get a disability discount from RAC then you are lucky. But does it make their service to others on here better than the rest🤪🤪🤪
My wife has also used RAC when she was working on community as a nurse and only experienced a positive service from them, the statement I made was from both our experiences not just my own.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure that the RAC offer a financial discount for disabled customers Alan, but they prioritise disabled customers for breakdown services.
The C&CC had a deal which offered a discount for members who joined RAC Arrival a few years ago, and we switched from the AA.
I've no doubt that some breakdown services will be less expensive, but I'm happy with the knowledge that whatever happens I'll get home with the caravan and I won't have to wait for too long to be dealt with.

Reactions: Beachball
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Crikey I only asked about anyone’s experience with Greenflag and Britannia. This could become an adjunct to noseweight and the 85% guidance. I’m going to use Britannia after my Mayday expires.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My last word is as I said earlier, I’ve only used break down assistance once in my life and that was with green flag and I couldn’t fault them at all.

BP

Reactions: Hutch

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
That's a shame as others might be able to take advantage of any "deal" you're aware of.
If Beachball had been aware of a "deal" I'm sure that he'd have said so.
No forum member should face an online cross examination here.
If Beachball doesn't want to discuss his financial arrangements he doesn't have to, and neither does he have to justify his choice of breakdown service.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
If Beachball had been aware of a "deal" I'm sure that he'd have said so.
No forum member should face an online cross examination here.
If Beachball doesn't want to discuss his financial arrangements he doesn't have to, and neither does he have to justify his choice of breakdown service.
Being asked how much is paid for a breakdown service is hardly "online cross examination".

I fully respect Beachball, or anyone else, not giving any information they don't want to but it seems harsh to be called to account for asking.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Being asked how much is paid for a breakdown service is hardly "online cross examination".

I fully respect Beachball, or anyone else, not giving any information they don't want to but it seems harsh to be called to account for asking.
I get a sense of people queuing up to ask questions that Beachball isn't inclined to answer.
He had previously indicated that he doesn't want to discuss his financial arrangements here, so you decided to quote him and try to elicit the answer that he had already declined to give.
That is why I intervened to snip it in the bud.
He might not feel able to reply in a relatively robust manner to put an end to the questions, so I did it for him.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think people who have a Motability vehicles get RAC breakdown as part of the package. Not sure if they can add a caravan onto the breakdown cover however they will get priority treatment?

Reactions: RogerL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts