Buccaneer Owners Club

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi, my name is Alex Paterson and I have just been elected Chairman of the Buccaneer Owners Club.
My wife Cath and I have a 2012 Buccaneer Clipper and we are away in the caravan nearly every weekend, towed by a Mitsubishi Shogun.

I look forward to welcoming any of the forum members who own a Buccaneer, in to the Buccaneer Owners club and keeping you all posted on the exciting rallying program in our run up to our 50th anniversary in 2020.

Reactions: JezzerB

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Alex. :)
Many new threads go to the New Members message board by default so I hope you don't mind me moving your invitation to a more appropriate board where you can continue to keep us posted about future club events.

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
What Is A Buccaneer Rally Like?
They are all over the country, lasting from a weekend to 10 day holiday rallies. Though you can join a rally at any time or leave at any time.
Its about spending time with like minded people, in a friendly inclusive atmosphere. Being met on arrival with a cup of tea and a smile. Events such as a meal, photography competitions or making new friends over a drink or two.

Some rallies are in a field, requiring solar panels, but not all. The majority are on sites with electric hook up and full facilities.
As a club we negotiate special rates on behalf of our members.
Members are entitled to a discount at Towsure.
We will be holding Invitation rallies with other clubs. As soon as the 2016 Rally Program is finalised I will post here.
There will also be special offers for new members.

If you have any questions about Rallying with the Buccaneer Owners Club, please drop me a line.

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have been reading the Review in Practical Caravan on the Buccaneer Clipper and agree with all but the conclusion. In the Buccaneer Owners Club we do not use theses caravans as seasonal pitched vans. We tour all over the country, having just come back from a rally at Kirkburton Cricket Club, near Huddersfield. An area ,which is quite challenging towing country, with 90 degree and sharper bends and narrow roads to boot. Even members with the new 8ft wide vans had no problems.

I beg of you reviewers, please do not get stuck in a rut of saying these are only seasonal pitch vans.
If you are a Buccaneer owner, lets here your views and lets get this misinformation corrected. :(

Reactions: JezzerB
Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
We at the Buccaneer Owners Club would welcome thoughts and views from any Buccaneer caravan owner on two proposed events.
We are looking at an Event Rally with a Dinner under the wings of the Mighty Vulcan Bomber XH558. Who will cease flying very soon, however she will be doing some fast ground work.

Just like Just Jane, who is a Lancaster Bomber, at East Kirby, who does taxi rides on a second world war airfield. We are hoping to put together a themed rally next door. What could be more heart stopping than the sound of FOUR MERLIN engines.

Both of these mighty war birds were designed by Mr Roy Chadwick at Avro.

Your thoughts and vies on these proposed events would be really appreciated.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We own a Buccaneer, but rallies are not really for us this year as a rally is a social gathering where social distancing will probably be ignored.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts