C C BOOKING

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Our first caravan back in the 70s had no toilet as such. I bought a Porta Potti and a toilet tent. Very sophisticated. Wild camping was easy then. We kept ourselves clean, a good sponge down everyday including all the bits and pieces.
Like Philspadders does now, we worked very hard for many years and now enjoy a very comfortable caravan with a fully functional bathroom. YES. We do use the shower every day and the toilet gets used for both
smiley-smile.gif
Come on Phil ,
Do you really want to be at an overused toilet block, breathing in steamy, smelly fumes on a hot toilet seat with the blokes next to you playing Clark's Trumpet Voluntary.
smiley-laughing.gif
Yuk..
There is life after the CC sites you desire.

LOL, you must have been the MOST sophisticated caravanner DD - a luxurious porta potti - in the 70's!!
smiley-tongue-out.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

We had the lovely bucket arrangement - with the lid and seat!
smiley-cool.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
LOL, you must have been the MOST sophisticated caravanner DD - a luxurious porta potti - in the 70's!!
smiley-tongue-out.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

We had the lovely bucket arrangement - with the lid and seat!
smiley-cool.gif

lol, fond memories come flooding back, known in it`s day as the bucket and chuck it! Sorted the men from the boys if you had a heavy session on the Saturday night followed by a madras, made you wish you hadn't on the Sunday morning at the slues.

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
It’s a beautiful day. I’m on my favourite CL, booked for the weekend on Wednesday, sitting out in the sun enjoying a beer. Two & a half acres, lovely views, & only 3 other vans here. (None with kids!) Not exactly crowded as I would be on any club site, or commercial for that matter. This to me is what caravanning is all about. Reading through this thread has been the icing on the cake, talk about throwing toys out of your pram! Life is too short for that. If the CC does not give you what you want, why are you a member?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
cookieones said:
smiley-tongue-out.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

I bet he had flower transfers on his Porta Potti to match his shirt and flares
smiley-laughing.gif
You've been watching too many 118 118 adverts
smiley-cool.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The other Dave said:
It’s a beautiful day. I’m on my favourite CL, booked for the weekend on Wednesday, sitting out in the sun enjoying a beer. Two & a half acres, lovely views, & only 3 other vans here. (None with kids!) Not exactly crowded as I would be on any club site, or commercial for that matter. This to me is what caravanning is all about. Reading through this thread has been the icing on the cake, talk about throwing toys out of your pram! Life is too short for that. If the CC does not give you what you want, why are you a member?

I just wished we had gone away for the week now but still, we've only a week to wait.
The CL we are going to in the Cotswolds seems nice. It's a farm with hardstandings and we spotted it after watching the Armcher DVDs on CC CL sites. The site is before you get to the actual farm buildings and is surrounded by a wood. At the end of the wood is a river.
You were spot on regarding your other comments Dave.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
cookieones said:
Looks like the recession is hitting the farmers now "A farm with hardstandings" what ever happened to cows, chickens, and pigs.
smiley-wink.gif

Mad cow disease, swine flu and chicken pox
smiley-laughing.gif
heh! heh! heh!

The last farm we used we didn't see any of the above. They farmed deer
smiley-cry.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I've just booked another two weeks with a CC site in Cornwall. Been before and they have three shower blocks, the poshiest I've ever seen. So posh that I use them instead of our own. I do keep my crocs on though cos I don't wanna to catch nowt.
We are going for Christmas and the New Year
smiley-smile.gif
Not a bad price either for a fully serviced pitch.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
I've just booked another two weeks with a CC site in Cornwall. Been before and they have three shower blocks, the poshiest I've ever seen. So posh that I use them instead of our own. I do keep my crocs on though cos I don't wanna to catch nowt.
We are going for Christmas and the New Year
smiley-smile.gif
Not a bad price either for a fully serviced pitch.
If it's Carnon Downs, very good choice. There's a bloke in a lay by selling the first daffs of the new year. SWMBO was impressed. Got some brownie points for that!
smiley-cool.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
If it's Carnon Downs, very good choice.

This will be our third time DD.
I'm not too keen on the dog walk though, it's a bit muddy. We like the area, Falmouth being one of our favourite places.
Another of our favourite places is Trebah Gardens which is well worth a visit but I'm not too sure about in December
smiley-surprised.gif

We will be going to Trebah in May when in Cornwall.
We are just praying the weather will be better than the last two Decembers. The last two years we couldn't even get off our drive let alone driving down the road.
I did ask what happens and he told me they dont return the deposits but we can use the deposit again on a future stay which is ok with us because we are sure to go there again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am amazed at some of the comments quoted within this Forum, I have been caravanning for the past 10 years always use CC sites , never had any need to complain about any of them, always found the Wardens very frendly .
With regards to the Toilet comments , it conjures up in my mind that certain gentleman are thoroughly spolt by their wifes , who must clean the toilet after they use it and replace the lid, because I ask why cannot they do this themselves on site.
Same applys to the showers , how much effort is needed to apply a clean down with the mop supplied.( why has the print format changed I have done nothing).
Like Lb I have booked a cc site for every month starting in May and finishing in November, mostly for 10 nights per visit.
Trawling through certain cc club sites because of the constant moan by people on this site saying that sites are booked the weeks they want,I looked at one site in suffolk which i have booked in August, to discover two nights in the middle of the week are fully booked , checking out the area discovered that these two days cover the local Airshow display, what a bonus.

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried to book Rowntree Park the first day 2011 bookings were released and there was NOT ONE SINGLE WEEKEND available for the whole of 2011 which I find absolutely incredulous! When I rang to query I was just told that they are very popular. I think that if people had to pay a deposit on those weekends there would have been a lot more available! I bet a lot get cancelled nearer to the date.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
CaddyClan said:
I think that if people had to pay a deposit on those weekends there would have been a lot more available! I bet a lot get cancelled nearer to the date.

You may be right regarding cancellations but I'm not convinced regarding a deposit curing the problem. With these sites like Chatsworth and Rowntree you would still have the same problem if they made people pay the full fee up front and charged £40 pppn. There still wouldn't be enough pitches to go around for the many who want one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can see your point with regards to Rowntree Park, its a site that I would not book, its very prone to Flooding , Beechwood Grange is just round the corner, there are still weekends in August , I often use Knaresborough great for getting into the real yorkshire countryside.
Royston

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Just come back from Wirral Country Park CC site for the weekend. Having looked on the CC website earlier in the week it showed it to be fully booked, however there were at least six spaces free either through no shows or through late cancellations. Therefore, if it is possible, it is always worth a call to the site you are after in the week to see if there are late availabilities.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts