Calor Gas - Shortage!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
It has led to a self-aggravating situation, in that as they can't supply us with a refilled one, some people like me are not letting them take my empties back either.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It has led to a self-aggravating situation, in that as they can't supply us with a refilled one, some people like me are not letting them take my empties back either.
I agree with your stance as unless you still have the rental agreement it could be difficult to obtain a replacement at other than where you took it back to.
Extremely poor forward vision by Calor as it’s been known for 12 months that LV usage was increasing significantly.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At present i have two full propane bottles but we might use one if we have a BBQ next week and then we see what it like in Mid Wales

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........I have 4 Calor cylinders 2x6 and 2x13.
This is because I do a fair bit off grid and like to take the right cylinder for the site or sites I will be staying at depending on whether there is ehu available and how much gas I will be using.
Currently I have a full 6 a 1/3 full 6 and a 1/3 full 13.
The other 13 is empty and I would like to get a refill at the correct price of £38.50.

I can only get gas at inflated prices so I am holding onto one of Calor's empties!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
........I have 4 Calor cylinders 2x6 and 2x13.
This is because I do a fair bit off grid and like to take the right cylinder for the site or sites I will be staying at depending on whether there is ehu available and how much gas I will be using.
Currently I have a full 6 a 1/3 full 6 and a 1/3 full 13.
The other 13 is empty and I would like to get a refill at the correct price of £38.50.

I can only get gas at inflated prices so I am holding onto one of Calor's empties!!
GB, I have the same bottles but, 2 full calorlites, I need to change one of my 13 kg,
A question, due you change to Butane for the summer or just stick, to Propane all the time. ?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
GB, I have the same bottles but, 2 full calorlites, I need to change one of my 13 kg,
A question, due you change to Butane for the summer or just stick, to Propane all the time. ?

......only use Propane too much hassle to change for summer and winter use.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Same here Hutch.
Like you we caravan all year round so why go back to Butane. Yes it has a slightly greater calorific value than Propane but quite frankly it’s insignificant in the bigger picture

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Same here Hutch.
Like you we caravan all year round so why go back to Butane. Yes it has a slightly greater calorific value than Propane but quite frankly it’s insignificant in the bigger picture
We don"t use our caravan all year round but i like propane would not go back to Butane ;)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
This isn’t the Calorlite issue where Calor failed to honour their undertaking to produce a replacement. This current shortage has arisen because of the large increase in leisure vehicles of all sorts. Some say a 25% increase. If each had only one bottle that would rattle the supply chain but I guess many would have bought two bottles. It’s affecting Flogas too but not so much their Gaslight grp cylinders. Added to this is a world steel shortage. Hence the problems of availability affecting areas.
There's certainly huge numbers of motorhomes doing NC500, mostly hired which is one of the latest boom businesses.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
After 7 years the added value of the Calor Refill Agreement paperwork, if traded through Calor themselves, degrades to just £2.49, so not a life changing hurt if you can't find it, have lost it or sourced your bottle via another route.

You get back 25% of the current £39.99 with the paperwork, or £7.50 without it. Seven pounds fifty back, for forty quid's worth, Calor being as magnanimous as ever. LINK

Going by the current Ebay bidding, there are other far more lucrative options than deal with them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts