Calor Gas - Shortage!

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Now £72!!!

My worry after that is as I have two full ones in the front of the van, it becomes far too attractive to your common thief.

John
Finishes just before 8.00pm tonight, will there be a frenzy?

I have a near empty and a full one in the front of my van on my drive!!
i also have the empty calorlite in my works van which travels with me everyday so when I see a calor stockist with one in stock I will pop in and purchase.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I was told when I bought one while away that there was no problem about getting an exchange of an empty for a full it was new contracts that were not available.

BP

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Never heard of those, who was the supplier
Calor! I bought them in '83 when I bought our first caravan - like Calorlite, the cylinder itself was lighter than the normal steel cylinder- aimed specifically at caravanners they were eventually dropped as caravanners switched from butane to propane.

Reactions: Hutch
Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
It appears from some people are adding to the shortage by buying gas when they don’t actually need it. I ran out a week ago and haven’t managed to get any refills. I’ve tried stockists up to 40 miles away.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It appears from some people are adding to the shortage by buying gas when they don’t actually need it. I ran out a week ago and haven’t managed to get any refills. I’ve tried stockists up to 40 miles away.
It’s a human reaction just as happened with supermarkets at lockdown one. But this time exacerbated by the increase in leisure vehicles and outdoor activities over the last 12 months. The BBC News today has a report on how other leisure and hospitality goods are in extremely short supply or cannot be obtained and then at a greatly increased price due to shipping costs rising. It’s something we have to live with until the various supply chains come back into synch, and not any time soon.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I wonder if he will get his money back next year😉. He probably paid over the odds for a leaky caravan and bought a puppy for £3k. The gas locker is hardly secure. Any ideas for gas bottle security whilst on site?

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site

"Guilty as charged", but then I don't know when I am next going to need some, and I don't want getting gas when I do, to dictate my life.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Its no different to toilet rolls, when folks start to see that the cylinders are becoming available again they start to relax and revert to normal mode of purchase. No amount of moaning about behaviour will change it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if he will get his money back next year😉. He probably paid over the odds for a leaky caravan and bought a puppy for £3k. The gas locker is hardly secure. Any ideas for gas bottle security whilst on site?

I am sure Milenco et al are working on it now. I thought that a powder spray extinguisher primed to fire off as the locker lid opens beyond certain level. But that idea presupposes that I would remember not to just dive in and lift the locker lid right up. Bin it.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
After reading this the other day, i thought it best to try and pounce on some bottles on Facebook.

It was then the Mrs pointed out, that we do in fact have;

1 full and another half full 10Kg Gaslight
6kg Calor Propane
3.9kg Calor Propane
13kg Flogas Butane

Happy to report there's no gas shortage at my house :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Hutch
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have just emailed our preferred Cornwall site to ask as to availability. They usually have plenty in, however, they say they have had none this year and arent expecting any. I also ask the question as to pitch availability for June/July 2022, and they have one left which I have just hopefully booked.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have just emailed our preferred Cornwall site to ask as to availability. They usually have plenty in, however, they say they have had none this year and arent expecting any. I also ask the question as to pitch availability for June/July 2022, and they have one left which I have just hopefully booked.
Have you check south Devon and also Dorset as that is where we booked recently and no issue booking for this year. Plenty of vacancies around Brean if you are inclined to visit that area.
When we first started caravanning in the UK we used to head down to Cornwall, but some reason we always choose to go when bad weather would hit us. Also found many places over crowded and parking almost non existent. Given up on Cornwall and it is on the same avoid list as Wales. People are smashing, but weather is always terrible to us. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
Yippee, I managed to get a 6kg refill at A to Z camping in Walsall via their eBay store £23.75. Had to drive 35 miles to pick it up.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We have only had real bad weather over a prolonged period in Cornwall once, the year of Boscastle. We have found we get better weather in June/July rather than August and the crowds aren't too bad then.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Go Outdoors they sometimes have some in

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts