camping and caravan club friendly one?

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi I booked a site in the north of Scotland but had to cancel it less than 12 hrs later, I paid £30 odd pound deposit when I canceled it I said I wanted to book another site could I use the deposit for that. I was told no the money was lost I didnt give 7 days notice I booked the site for the next day less than 7 days but I still lost the deposit. Because I used the internet is this not covered by distance selling?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The C&CC used to not refund any deposits but would keep the money to be used against a further booking. Recently they changed their policy to one of refunding deposits if more than 7 days of the booking date. I did wonder then whether it was something to do with the distance selling regs. One advantage of the CC and their no deposit policy. We were going away next week, fortunately the site owner did not require a deposit, but we have had to change the booking as some scumbag decided to try and break into my garage overnight and I can't get a replacement lock until Tuesday. There is no way I could have left the garage in that state. Fortunately the site were kind enough to move our booking. I would have been pretty miffed if I had to forego a deposit because such a situation.

David

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
you could try it but when you made the booking you agreed to the terms and conditions and entered into a contract. As a C& CC member you must have been aware of the requirement to pay a deposit and the terms for its repayment.

The distance trading regs really only cover goods and not sevices.

One thing you cold try is that any financial contract must have a cooling off period so you could try emailing the c&cc and "try it on".

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
yes I did agree to the terms and conditions but I mistakenly thought that the deposit was kept to use againI couldnt give 7 days notice as the booking was only 30 odd hours before I was due to book into the site even if they used a small percentage of the deposit for an administration fee that would have been ok but I am a member of the club, for now and this is the first time I have had to cancel

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
you could argue that over many bookings you never cancelled and this was out of the blue and unexpected. Phone them and ask to talk to a manager .. its worth a go.

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Ive sent an e-mail to them. The distance selling regs apply to both goods and services. The fact that I couldnt comply with the C&CC terms and conditions, it was impossable I booked the site 36 hrs prior to my intended arrival and tried to cance it less than 12 hrs later.

On reading the available legislation it seems that it takes precedence over any conditions impossed by a company within the EU with regards to cooling off period .

Ive asked them to clarify their position in relation to this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts