Captain Chaos strikes again

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The living room and conservatory has been painted and now got new carpets and vinyl the carpet fitter took the living door off . its needs 10mm off the bottom . So now we need a circular saw and my son going to have a go and rehang the door again for me, and the new sofa & electric recliner arrives today that another one off the list .
Our carpet fitters have modified the door height to clear new carpet. None have removed the doors though.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Good progress. Nusiance that you have to reduce the door height.

Be careful with that. Some doors are not solid wood and may have a limit to the amount you can cut off before it weakens the door frame. It's possible you may need to take some off the top and bottom to reduce the risk.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Good progress. Nusiance that you have to reduce the door height.

Be careful with that. Some doors are not solid wood and may have a limit to the amount you can cut off before it weakens the door frame. It's possible you may need to take some off the top and bottom to reduce the risk.
When my son had a look at the living room door it was solid wood but he took off 10mm at the bottom and there only one more door so thanks for the information.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Just started in another area with Dulux EasyCare , Washable and Tough Matt. For the price of this they should come around and paint the walls for you. £85 for 5l - compared to our local brew at £60. Mind you the local brew isn't that hard wearing and its not washable. So we're using the expensive stuff in areas of high traffic which are likely to get some marks on the wall.

We used the EasyCare on the recomendation of the decorator. But not at Skye high prices, about £38. It is expensive, but it has proved the test of time. We are very happy with it and did not have ill effects from the smell. In fact, it was not particularly unpleasant.

John

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
We're in the south now visiting family. Guess what....Dad can you paint my lounge and bedroom?

So got some Dulux Easycare, mixed in the store at Homebase...£38 for 2.5l, which was the same as the last can on Skye. Not sure why we got charged more than that previously...maybe the price has dropped.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
All this talk of decorating has caught me out. Last week I took my wife and daughter to a Dunelm, ostensibly for new bedroom curtains. We bought some curtains but I have now got to install a curtain rail with draw cords. Then there's the new window blind too. Also daughter suggested to my wife a papered wall at the bedhead would look nice. Suffice to say we then bought three rolls of paper. Some years ago I ditched my paper pasting table, soft wide brushes etc, vowing never again to put wallpaper up. And just for good measure two wired bedded lights have been acquired which will need setting into the wall and wiring back to socket. Plus the en suite electric heated radiator towel rail must now be replaced as it has rust on it. I suggested it be removed and not replaced as in four years here it has only been switched on once, just to see if it worked. Lost that one too, as just removing it would leave holes in the tiles.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Good luck with the Dunelm curtains. Mrs V is currently remaking the ones our daughter got from Dunelm for the patio doors. The quality of finish was appalling...width and length variable across the curtain.

Should have really taken them back but the colour/pattern goes well and no guarantee others would be any better.

Get what you pay for I guess.

It never stops does it.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Good luck with the Dunelm curtains. Mrs V is currently remaking the ones our daughter got from Dunelm for the patio doors. The quality of finish was appalling...width and length variable across the curtain.

Should have really taken them back but the colour/pattern goes well and no guarantee others would be any better.

Get what you pay for I guess.

It never stops does it.
Might be a way to get my own back for an enforced retail adventure :eek:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts