Caravan Breakdown. Lost £280 Holiday Next Week

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Our caravan is over 5 years old and we have never removed the filters to clean and we stay on a lot of CLs. However thanks for the heads up as worth remembering.
I didn't have the issue on our previous van either and had that from new until 12 years old. That's why I never even thought it could be a blocked tap.
Current van was 4 years old when we had the problem.
Previous van had a charcoal filter and an onboard pump but I don't think it would make any difference to the limescale build up

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I think such tap filter blockage is quite common and I thought in part contaminated with tiny bits of charcoal after the filter was replaced but I agree cleaning out is part of my regular routine and first occurred when the van was about 18 months old!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think such tap filter blockage is quite common and I thought in part contaminated with tiny bits of charcoal after the filter was replaced but I agree cleaning out is part of my regular routine and first occurred when the van was about 18 months old!
We had our filter removed prior to taking delivery of our caravan as did nto see the point of having one inline.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have an onboard pump, pipe to aquaroll, no problems with bending up. I must reiterate my earlier post, replace the submersible pump!

Last edited:
May 12, 2019
Visit site
I have an onboard pump, pipe to aquaroll, no problems with bending up. I must reiterate my earlier post, replace the submersible pump!
Yes, It turns out that my pump was faulty which blew a fuse (which was not shown in the 110 page workshop manual) But I had a new pump and when I tried that because I did not know the first one had blown a fuse that also did not work, so obviously as both pumps did not pump water I thought the fault was eslewhere.

In future I will buy a multimeter as if I had one of those I could have checked to see if there was 12v electricity getting to the pump socket.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts