Caravan charger

Jul 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi my on board charger as failed on my swift carisma 560 2009 model were do I find it and can I replace it and which charger do I need as there are different types thanks phil.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi my on board charger as failed on my swift carisma 560 2009 model were do I find it and can I replace it and which charger do I need as there are different types thanks phil.

If you look at the broken one you should see the model/Serial number and makers name. It will be located generally in an under bed locker close to where the EHU socket and battery are located but inside the caravan. If it’s Sargent EC series they do good customer support and spares.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Please don’t replace it with an OME. Most Caravan chargers are cheap under performing rubbish. These guys below have taken the originals and applied hi tech modern technology to make a brilliant replacement. I changed my failed BCA unit last year. Never looked back!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Please don’t replace it with an OME. Most Caravan chargers are cheap under performing rubbish. These guys below have taken the originals and applied hi tech modern technology to make a brilliant replacement. I changed my failed BCA unit last year. Never looked back!

I’ve always considered Sargent to be a cut above BCA and three cuts above the dreaded “Nord....” But Apuljack do deal with Sargent units too for repairs or replacement with alternatives.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On a 2009 Swift it will almost certainly have the Nordelettronica power distribution system, which is well known as being bad.
However, as Dustydog has said, Apuljack engineering are the people to contact.
Speak to Paul or one of his team, preferably when in the van as he will talk you through some checks and then advise what to do.
They can repair your current unit to better than new and are quick with their service.
I use them, a lot and have never been disappointed, neither have my customers.

Jul 12, 2020
Visit site
On a 2009 Swift it will almost certainly have the Nordelettronica power distribution system, which is well known as being bad.
However, as Dustydog has said, Apuljack engineering are the people to contact.
Speak to Paul or one of his team, preferably when in the van as he will talk you through some checks and then advise what to do.
They can repair your current unit to better than new and are quick with their service.
I use them, a lot and have never been disappointed, neither have my customers.
Ok thanks will give them a ring tomorrow thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts