Caravan club Booking Moan

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Just a moan about the situation regarding caravan clubs booking. i recently booked a week stay in crystal palace..great, when i booked i asked if they required a deposit and no was the answer , i can now cancel whenever i want and will not loose any money at all, you may wonder why that is a problem ,,well i then tried to book a few days in york i found it was full , i cant believe that that site on rowntree will use every space from mar till sept, people obviously book and now that they can cancel at any time , this is just selfish, cc should make every one pay a 50% deposit to stop every block booking the sites, geniune holiday makers will not find that a problem, the only people that will moan its them that now they wont turn up.,,,,,,,nuff said cheers

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Yes a woman on this site actually confessed to block booking.
I tried years ago to get on RT as we like york.
Instead we book onto a none club site near York

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
I think you will find the latest SCAM over bank holidays more annoying.
Want to go and spend time with the daughter in Sunderland for the Easter weekend.
NO you can't as the selfish don't bother block booking entire holidays .................. just the one day.
Yep, couldnt stay Friday to Tuesday because the "Saturday" was full.

Mat

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
mat said:
Want to go and spend time with the daughter in Sunderland for the Easter weekend.
NO you can't as the selfish don't bother block booking entire holidays .................. just the one day.
Mat
Weekends, specifically Saturdays, are the problem because many working people can only use their caravans at weekends and some actually have to work for part of the bank holiday.
And then we get people moaning because sites are full simply because someone else got their arse in gear and booked the site before them.
It's disgracefull, we shouldn't allow anyone to use a caravan unless they book multiples of 7 days, starting and ending exactly at 12 noon on the Saturday.
The moral is BOOK EARLY.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
RogerL said:
mat said:
Mat
Not everybdoy is as lucky as you and many people can only book a few weeks in advance.
Weekends, specifically Saturdays, are the problem because many working people can only use their caravans at weekends and some actually have to work for part of the bank holiday.
And then we get people moaning because sites are full simply because someone else got their arse in gear and booked the site before them.
It's disgracefull, we shouldn't allow anyone to use a caravan unless they book multiples of 7 days, starting and ending exactly at 12 noon on the Saturday.
The moral is BOOK EARLY.
Not every body is as lucky as you as they can only book a few weeks in advance.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I find it incredible that it is possible to block book sites all over the place ie. hedging your bets against changes in the weather, and not depositing a single penny. How much revenue is lost by the club by folks who just don't turn up with the threat hanging over them of what ...a note of your activities regards booking and not ariving ?
The problem is easily solved just like a garage near to me did ,by making you pay for fuel before operating the machine ..result, not a single drive off theft since the two years it has been in place.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
barrychas said:
I find it incredible that it is possible to block book sites all over the place ie. hedging your bets against changes in the weather, and not depositing a single penny.
The Caravan Club have claimed for many years that it's not possible to make multiple bookings for any single night - based on membership number - but I have seen forum posters boasting they can get round it.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
For the first time I never booked early because I had no internet. I've still got the sites I chose though.
We only book sites in 7 day blocks going on Sundays because often we can't go on a Saturday because it's booked up with those who book the weekend. Although a bit frustrating at times I understand the reason and we did the same when working. We are glad I think ourselves very fortunate to be able to take weeks at a time.
In truth I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to go just for a couple of days because I'm too bloody idle in bothering to put the awning up for such a short time
smiley-laughing.gif

I forgot to add that we don't book sites up in school holidays. We think that should be for those with kids. Besides, we like a bit of peace ... heh! heh! heh!
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS