caravan club cc bookings 2010

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 18, 2007
Visit site
People moaning are the one's trying to book sites months in advance.Double standards in anyones eyes really.

Just as long as you don't book school holidays then carry on spending 2 hours trying too book.

The same argument every year- very boring just like the on-going Pegasus "debate".

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Anyone from the Caravan Club headquarters looking through this thread on 2nd December must think it's hilarious. What on earth is the panic?

Is there anyone today who has not been able to book their selected site. Or tomorrow for that matter.

It's like the opening of the January sales. Did anyone stay up all night waiting for the online bookings to open?

Take it from me it is not the end of the world!!!!

Even if eventually you cannot get in at your selected site the CC network is so big and excellent that you are bound to find somewhere nice.Even if you can't find an alternative there is always the C & CC and thousands of private sites.

Just as an experiment I have just tried to book at one of the Club's most popular sites Black Knowle at Brockenhurst in the New Forest. Guess what? All dates are available throughout July and August.

Do people sit at their computers throughout the Autumn waiting for the D2-day biting their finger nails?

For years my wife and I have booked at the same campsites whether home or abroad because we have always felt comfortable there and have been restricted with limited holidays whilst we have still been working.

Now we have retired this year we have visited many fresh sites. With very few exceptions we have both said "Let's go back there again"

Lighten up!!! Be adventurous

May 18, 2007
Visit site
Anyone from the Caravan Club headquarters looking through this thread on 2nd December must think it's hilarious. What on earth is the panic?

Is there anyone today who has not been able to book their selected site. Or tomorrow for that matter.

It's like the opening of the January sales. Did anyone stay up all night waiting for the online bookings to open?

Take it from me it is not the end of the world!!!!

Even if eventually you cannot get in at your selected site the CC network is so big and excellent that you are bound to find somewhere nice.Even if you can't find an alternative there is always the C & CC and thousands of private sites.

Just as an experiment I have just tried to book at one of the Club's most popular sites Black Knowle at Brockenhurst in the New Forest. Guess what? All dates are available throughout July and August.

Do people sit at their computers throughout the Autumn waiting for the D2-day biting their finger nails?

For years my wife and I have booked at the same campsites whether home or abroad because we have always felt comfortable there and have been restricted with limited holidays whilst we have still been working.

Now we have retired this year we have visited many fresh sites. With very few exceptions we have both said "Let's go back there again"

Lighten up!!! Be adventurous
Chris G - In a nutshell- well done !!

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Chris .G

I take your point . I have had a look through this evening and found most sites have places through the school hols, but look at York for instance. No weekends available in July and August already! not so good if you were planning that for the summer holidays. And will it be full ? I doubt it. We were talking to a couple at Morton in the cotswalds last August. They were hoping their son could join them , but the CC website had it marked as full, there were at least 18 pitches empty all week. Now that cant be a good thing.

Anyway it goes deeper than that. I cannot get a pitch at a weekend in Sussex or the new forest at even three months notice come January. They will all be "fully booked" now I bet there are a fair few no shows in that. Even a

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Chris G and generally if you can't get in at the CC sites there are plenty of other choices. I know one of the problems with the CC booking approach is that they have this set date to start bookings which encourage a January sale scramble. The result is that many people book a lot of weekends (Friday to Sunday) and if you want to book a 2 week holiday it can be difficult. Just talk to the wardens about the system and most are far from happy. I'm sure they have voiced there concerns back to the club just as many of us have done. Still it makes a good talking point - a change from the weather !!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Quote Mel ..."Obviously the CC is biased to the retired and unemployed".

There is no system ideal. Those who are as you say "retired and unemployed" could equally argue that they cannot book a site for a week because of you workers who take up all the weekends leaving sites half empty from Sunday afternoon until Friday afternoon. I booked my main two sites about 10am but logged off to give others a chance. Late last night I logged on again and booked the rest, a week at 6 other sites and no, we don't book and cancel. In all the time we've been caravanning we've only cancelled once and that was because of problems with the caravan.

Some have been moaning and saying it's time they updated the online booking system. What is the point in spending thousands on software/hardware to solve a problem which only happens a few hours each year and that is a member made problem because EVERYONE must log on at 9am. Commonsense says that money would be better spent on facilities and I think the club should be credited on their efforts.

BTW Mel, one day if you're still caravanning when retired maybe you will see it from a different perspective and I expect to see your posts complaining about all the weekends taken ... heh! heh! heh! ;O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Quote Valerie ... " those who book and cancel christmas and new year for the THIRD year in the row at short notice"

I never saw that posted but agree with you, there's no excuse for it. The club have the means to monitor this and members who book "just in case" and cancel on a regular basis should have their membership terminated.

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes the Club's website has gone into meltdown again, but reading some of the posts from people complaining about having to work and not being able to access a computer or phone just makes me laugh.

If it was that critical for them to book a site then they could have applied in writing from the 16th.Nov. or would that be too much trouble!

Jim

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Quote Valerie ... " those who book and cancel christmas and new year for the THIRD year in the row at short notice"

I never saw that posted but agree with you, there's no excuse for it. The club have the means to monitor this and members who book "just in case" and cancel on a regular basis should have their membership terminated.
Thats because it was deleted..yawn...

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Yes the Club's website has gone into meltdown again, but reading some of the posts from people complaining about having to work and not being able to access a computer or phone just makes me laugh.

If it was that critical for them to book a site then they could have applied in writing from the 16th.Nov. or would that be too much trouble!

Jim
I think that quietened them Jim :O)

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site

Jim
yeah , the truth sometimes hurts!

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site

Jim
yeah , the truth sometimes hurts!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
MODERATORS EDIT

Please do not use this forum to pursue personal disagreements between members

Parksy (Moderator)

"there is no excuse for it" said lord b, there is my children who have special needs and money.

you know i go on alot of hols and dont normally cancel them. i cant help it if my kids are ill or like this year i didnt have the money.

jo

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
If i was running the CC, bookings taken on the most popular sites would have to be paid for in advance, and in full.

That would sort out the no shows?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
As I said jo-anne, I didn't actually see the wording of your post but if you simply said that you'd booked the last three Christmas's or New Years and have cancelled you did leave yourself open on a forum to some form of negative comment.

This time of year is very popular and because enough sites aren't open it's difficult to book and for people to read that and being unable to get a pitch themselves would make them annoyed.

I hope you haven't booked a fourth year else I'll have to put you across my knee and smack your aspidestra :O)

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i shouldnt be slagged of for the broadway cancellation of 4 nights and at least christine got the booking oh i forgot im slagged of for that aswell. its the weekenders to like chatsworth and rowndtree etc etc that should be moaned about.

jo x

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If a condition of membership was members had to have a payment account, similar to PayPal, and a deposit was automatically taken out at booking it would reduce the administative costs, something I believe that is stopping the club introducing deposits.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
See my reply to Mel above jo-anne. I'm not going to moan about anyone because I can go anytime. I also booked every site I needed on Day 1.

To me the problem seems to be with just half a dozen popular sites plus those open over Christmas.

I realise the weekends are a problem at busy times, like outside school holidays or Bank holidays but I can live with that. I simply go to adult sites or CLs at those times if the site I wanted is taken up on the weekend. That's the beauty of being retired, I go for a whole week, not just the weekend, but it's rarely I can't get into my chosen site. I must admit that I've never tried to go to a site at Christmas and I treat Hillhead type of sites like the plague.

I suppose it's give and take or swings and roundabouts :O)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
And yet again this pathetic "Bun fight" has caused disent in the ranks and personal accusations causing a lot of upset.

Thank God I now use the CLs and private sites wherever possible.

Cheers

Dustydog

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i started this post i want all of it to be deleted. i wasnt horrible about anyone i just wanted to know what problem she had with me.

if i cant stick up for myself when being slagged off what is the point.

if you wont delete it then i dont wanna be a part of this forum anymore. what stated out to be a post by me turned out to be a post slagging me off and it aint fair.

delete all the posts please

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Ref. my previous post last night - just checked again and all dates still available thro' July/Aug/Sept at Black Knowle. Half term week in October now full though!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts