caravan club cc bookings 2010

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
james im sorry i have 2 children with special needs and one registered disabled im sorry but i dont have time. i hope none of you go through what i have been through.

why are you having a go at me.

jo

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
God, Jo, you're lucky really because you could have had the misfortune to pitch next to some of these curtain twitchers.

Lisa

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lord B. Thanks for your comments. Don't fret it isn't me booking up your weekends, I tend to go to the C&CC first where there is equity of access. Additionally, I do apologise abjectly and profusly to all retired people for only being able to go at weekends and Bank holidays and parts of the school holidays. Its my employer you see, they rather insist that I turn into work regularly on weekdays. And, would you believe it, my lad's school doesn't like it when I take him in on school holidays, and keep him off in term time. I know its unreasonable to only go away at weekends when you all want to stay for the week and weekend, but as you can see my hands are tied. If only the CC had a booking system where there was a sensible way of people booking weekends only when they really intended to go.

mel

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lord B. Thanks for your comments. Don't fret it isn't me booking up your weekends, I tend to go to the C&CC first where there is equity of access. Additionally, I do apologise abjectly and profusly to all retired people for only being able to go at weekends and Bank holidays and parts of the school holidays. Its my employer you see, they rather insist that I turn into work regularly on weekdays. And, would you believe it, my lad's school doesn't like it when I take him in on school holidays, and keep him off in term time. I know its unreasonable to only go away at weekends when you all want to stay for the week and weekend, but as you can see my hands are tied. If only the CC had a booking system where there was a sensible way of people booking weekends only when they really intended to go.

mel
Wel said Mel.

Lisa

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
HI! Jo-Anne sorry to disagree but went onto booking site at 18.30 on the 2nd and booked 5 different sites for 2010 from last week in March to 2nd week in October all within 15 minutes so unless i was lucky.(don,t think so ) i have never had any problems . and have never cancelled any in the last 5 years hope you get yours done o.k.

P.S last year was also o.k.

cheers Duggie

G

The good, or the bad thing about being retired is that you often cannot plan that far ahead. If you are working then your days off are cast in stone, unless you do a swop with another worker. However, if you are retired you take each week as it comes. If the weather is nice, then you pop off somewhere, if it is bad then you can stay at home until the following week. Even when you go away, you can have problems deciding, do we move on, or do we stay for a while longer? I actually always thought that was supposed to be the advantage of a caravan, but evidently not so much anymore. If you do not book a year ahead like a package holiday, then the world may not be your oyster.

Retirement is supposed to mean freedom from control, but sometimes one does wonder. I usually go to Europe and there you can just decide at a moment's notice where to stop and 99% of the time there is never a problem, even at weekends. The UK setup is a bit sad really.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

mel
No need to apologise to me for working Mel, I know what it's like, I've done my stint. All I ask is for you to carry on paying your taxes to keep me in the manner I've become accustomed to ;O)

Regarding weekends see my response above to jo-anne :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Quote SL ..."The good, or the bad thing about being retired is that you often cannot plan that far ahead".

Hmmmmm, we must be doing something right then SL because we don't have any problems in planning ahead. Thankfully we haven't got to the stage where we need a lot of hospital appointments but no doubt we'd fit them in between the dates we're not in the van :O)

So far we've booked three and four weeker trips away plus a couple of odd weeks. None are north of the border this year so no doubt with me not there to feed on the numbers of Caledonius Midgium will be greatly reduced from starvation.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
As I said jo-anne, I didn't actually see the wording of your post but if you simply said that you'd booked the last three Christmas's or New Years and have cancelled you did leave yourself open on a forum to some form of negative comment.

This time of year is very popular and because enough sites aren't open it's difficult to book and for people to read that and being unable to get a pitch themselves would make them annoyed.

I hope you haven't booked a fourth year else I'll have to put you across my knee and smack your aspidestra :O)
it was on a different post it was new year chirtine got my booking. i cancelled it 4 weeks before and the last 2 years my kids have been poorley or going in for operations. as you know i have 2 boys with special needs one being registered disabled the other having chronic lung disease. i thought you knew me better

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
OK, so am I allowed to say "those who book and cancel christmas and new year for the THIRD year in the row at short notice and not only that, hand the booking over to chosen people, should not be allowed to re-book. It is THOSE people who cause the problem in the first place". There, an opinion but no names mentioned.
what is your problem with me valerie. it was just new year i cancelled and christine got th booking. i cancelled the 2 years before that because my children were ill and operations but its got nothing t do with you and i dont even know why im expalining myself to you. what have you got against me?.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
what is your problem with me valerie. it was just new year i cancelled and christine got th booking. i cancelled the 2 years before that because my children were ill and operations but its got nothing t do with you and i dont even know why im expalining myself to you. what have you got against me?.
4 weeks notice that is not short notice.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
it was on a different post it was new year chirtine got my booking. i cancelled it 4 weeks before and the last 2 years my kids have been poorley or going in for operations. as you know i have 2 boys with special needs one being registered disabled the other having chronic lung disease. i thought you knew me better
LB it was new year only not xmas aswell i cancelled and gave 4 weeks notice. i put a message on here to say when i was cancelling it for christine or anyone else and yes christine got it. she there for xmas anyway and she goes every year but she wanted new year aswell.

its the 3rd time ive cancelled it previous years is because problems etc with the boys.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Jo-Anne

I sent an email to you at 11.52 today to try to explain my reasons for the removal of your posts.

If you have any comments or questions please contact me by email and I'll be happy to provide further explanation when I get home later today.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Booked all l wanted to book today, Easter Blackwell Plantation Bank Holidays all 3 of them Leek beginning of May, Firs Ash Bourne end of May 1 week end of August Hawes and our 2 week Hols middle of June Sandringham.

Finished work at 5-30 on Wednesday saw the usual sites all booked up at weekends Chatsworth, York, Losehil Southport etc, etc, etc, didn't even bother to try booking those sites, will wait until the Kids are back at school.

Went on C&CC web all available there, might have something to do with the

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Nigel in the post above says Quote

Finished work at 5-30 on Wednesday saw the usual sites all booked up at weekends Chatsworth, York, Losehil Southport etc, etc, etc, didn't even bother to try booking those sites,

Funny I've just looked at Chatsworth, losehill and Southport and there is still plenty of weekend availability !!!!

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
Jo-Anne...I am sorry that some folk are upset because you cancelled your New Year trip to Broadway...there are always reasons why someone can't get on their allocated Holiday dates..especially if illness is a problem.

As for Jo-Anne giving me her New Year date..that is not exactly true...I did see she was about to cancel...and rang the Club direct to see if she had sone so. They then said there was one pitch free so I took it...She did not hand it over to me..this cannot be done by the Club...I was just quick off the mark to get that one vacant pitch..for which I am grateful as we are there over Xmas and now we can stay over New Year.

I am sorry that some of you feel she did the wrong thing..but I think she was very kind to tell me she was about to cancel and therefore I was able to ring and get the pitch..Nothing wrong with that I feel...First come..first served I think.

As for Jo-Anne booking for next New Year..why not...No-one knows what will happen between now and then..and hopefully she and her family will manage to go..as I am sure she hopes to..

It is a shame when forum members get upset for such a trivial thing as this...life is too short really..and I do think most of us vanners are lovely people.xx

As for getting on to book for 2010..yes I have managed to book some dates with no trouble yesterday..just needed a bit of patience..

Chrisann.

MJC

May 24, 2006
Visit site
"No-one knows what will happen between now and then" I think that's a very important point. On past form it looks like a cancellation? Same time next year (or not). Let's just face it - people don't give a monkies about anyone else. You should HAVE to give a deposit - just think of what you have saved already. This argument will run and run, but what goes around....

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This forum is run by Practical Caravan and not the Caravan Club.

Nobody has to justify themselves or give any reason whatsoever for their actions as CC members on this forum.

Personally speaking as a non member of the Caravan Club on the surface it looks as though resentments and grievances are built up between CC members as a direct result of the booking system and CC members might want to consider contacting the CC direct to try to end the annual pitch wars.

How many posts does any forum member see from Camping and Caravanning Club members complaining about advance bookings, pitch availability or fellow club members?

This forum doesn't exist to cause upset or serious argument between those who use it and antagonism directed toward other forum members has no place here.

In future discussions about Caravan Club policies I'd ask everyone to bear this in mind please.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Jo-Anne

I sent an email to you at 11.52 today to try to explain my reasons for the removal of your posts.

If you have any comments or questions please contact me by email and I'll be happy to provide further explanation when I get home later today.
thankyou

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
This "rush to book", reminds me of when i worked for the process control dept.

One selfish person, or "smart", depending on your view point, was married to a school teacher, had two children same as my self. Always booked ALL the school holiday prime dates, just as soon as booking became available, his wife got to know the holiday dates earlier than i could.

As they was six of us, five with young children, naturally all wanting at lest some of our holidays in the summer six weeks, we were left fighting over the scraps. Only two were allowed off at anyone time.

Complaints to management eventually led to a five leg rota being imposed. We ALL hated it, and basically we ended up on it due only to ONE person.

The rota ran continuously where you worked six weeks with rota days only, if i recall you had only one weekend during this period on rota days off, then you had 3 weeks on holiday.

Yes we did have a lot of holidays, but we worked most week ends, worked m/a/night shifts, and all bank holidays and xmas, if the rota fell that way!

So think on you people who book, and then for what ever reason cancel, complaints may well result in rule changes, that NOBODY wants.

The most obvious is a large booking fee, which is non returnable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts